Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
chihuahua breeding

There is a lot out to make money, you seem nice & genuine, you are going to breed no matter what, just put it down to hobby breeding, if you have great looking dog why not, can be complications in this breed look really into it, dont cause the dog unnessary suffering, she has to be over 5 pound in weight to breed, ideal dog should be smaller, go on to this site you might find what you are looking for, i dont come from your neck of the woods, uk, still a good site,
good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keep in mind I never planned to breed Guinness - I just wanted to make sure I understood the little things about breeding. He's getting fixed no matter what ;) I do only want to breed healthy dogs.

As for the price - that makes perfect sense. Plus, I would feel like I was devaluing the dog if I sold them for less only because they were "pet quality" - even though they are healthy, cute and sweet.

Though I could understand lowering the price by like.. 100$ with a spaying/neutering clause/contract. For example, if they spay or neuter their pet within 6 months, they get 100$ refund.

I was checking out the laws in selling pets in FL - and there are a lot of factors I have to present.. Picking out the dogs I would want to breed are going to be tough and will take quite a while to pick - but I have a lifetime :)
I hear what you are saying. I love the breed and never in a million years expected to but have 3 now and desire to breed. One is a Russian import and AKC and other are AKC with 50% Russian imports. Beautiful confirmation and markings. It has been difficult to find a breeder to buy a male pup rather than a stud but l believed after many months of following breeders and researching did, however the 10 week beautiful pup that l received , well his testicles still are undetectable and after the high price of cost, nervous if they will ever drop and attempting to get feedback. For now , vet is monitoring. So far , my females have had two heat cycles and not bred yet, l will attempt with a stud if l can find one that is of standard quality in the spring for one of my females. I would love to have her have a litter this summer.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts