Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! :wave: I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with. My boyfriends mom has two chi/pomeranian/toy poodle mix: one boy and one girl. Next month they are due to be fixed but she insists on breeding the female. I told her that if she insists to do that, she should at least neuter the male and wait a little longer till the female is older but I dont think she'll listen seeing as how she doesn't listen to the other advice i give her. Am I just being paranoid or is waiting the best thing to do? Also can you guys give me any other helpful advice about this like whats the best way to find a mate, should the male and female be separated during pregnancy....etc?? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I am most definatly not a breeder or anything, but I've learned a lot of the breeders on her, who are wonderful and give good advice! But I learned that you shouldn't breed them until they are at least 1 1/2 or 2 years old. You should do a search on here, probably in the Chi questions thread, and search about breeding ages and that sort. You'll get a lot of info that you can print off and give to her. She really needs to wait and look into certain things first before she just starts breeding her. I've never breeded before and don't plan too but I would think its a tough job and you really need to know what your doing. Hope you can give her advice that she'll take! :D :D Good luck.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
In toy breeds waiting till 2 years is best (3rd or 4th cycle) Im presuming the little girl is 6 months old ? It willbe terrible to make her be a mom now she is just a puppy still herself and is not mature enough to raise a litter.

Also why does she want to intentionally breed cross breeds - by doing this she is spoiling and watering down our beautiful chihuahuas you shoud only breed to better the breed .

Finally welcome to the board do you have a chihuahua ? :wave:

·
Registered
63 Posts
why does she want to intentionally breed cross breeds - by doing this she is spoiling and watering down our beautiful chihuahuas you shoud only breed to better the breed
Im glad that was said. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts