Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Isabelle has literally over the space of around 10 days developed brindle marks on her tummy. I've never had this is a Chi before, is this unusual? Do you think she will develop more? She is a little over 5 months.
I can't figure out how to attach a pic so it just shows up on the thread, sorry!:foxes15:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Those aren't "brindle" markings (my Maya is a brindle Chi--it's a coat color pattern sort of like tiger stripes in a way haha). What your girls is getting is pigment in her skin which is totally normal. :) It may continue to change or "spread" but it's all normal for her. I think she has a cute tummy!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Ruby, 6 months, has also developed a light freckling to her little belly. It is not as noticeable as your baby but I would guess that it could get more pronounced or darker. We call it her freckled tummy. Hope, who is cream, just is pink on her tummy, no markings.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, so long as it's harmless i'm happy :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Yep it is harmless :) It may change throughout her life, too. Just watch for anything "odd", as you would on your own skin. But pigment color change isn't a big deal in our furry friends.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi my buster is 8 months and he has freckleing under his chi and on his belly also at 6 months it started showing up

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's the time of the year, as soon as the sun comes out they get this on their belly. It's kind of like us getting freckly! X

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey gets freckles on her ears and belly in the summer when she lays in the sun and they go away in the winter.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zoey gets freckles on her ears and belly in the summer when she lays in the sun and they go away in the winter.....
Awww bless little gorgeous Zoey. I've been putting suncream on Isabelle's ears. I'm worried they'll frazzle up and fall off lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
my bella has exactly the same she's 17 weeks and they appeared about 4 weeks ago..my shih tzu also has it hers came when she was about 7months old

1 - 11 of 11 Posts