Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am adopting an 80 day old small coat chihuahua puppy.
It will be travelling from one city to another. While there are no new reported cases in my city and cities around, the govt has also relaxed the lockdown quite a bit with markets also now opening.

But i want to be extra cautios as i am currently living with my parents who are both above 60 and at high risk.
The puppy will be coming with a guardian and i plan to just ask the guardian to drop him in a cleaned up shoe box in the boot of my car.
I will have a clean crate and under tray ready in my back seat.
I want to understand how to fully clean(and sanitize if needed the puppy) before i put him in his crate.
I was thinking just a light wipe with some pet wipes, if sanitizer is safe i could just put some on a soft cloth and give him light wipe and another light rub to clean the sanitizer.
Or i could just be OCDing and nothing is necessary.
Suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think I've heard the virus doesn't transmit through pet fur too easy, but you can try some Dawn dish detergent once you get home. It's supposed to kill the coronavirus, and it's safe to use on them on occasion. Just don't use the detergent regularly, because it could dry their skin out.

No idea if Dawn is available where you are or if other brands would be safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
I am adopting an 80 day old small coat chihuahua puppy.
It will be travelling from one city to another. While there are no new reported cases in my city and cities around, the govt has also relaxed the lockdown quite a bit with markets also now opening.

But i want to be extra cautios as i am currently living with my parents who are both above 60 and at high risk.
The puppy will be coming with a guardian and i plan to just ask the guardian to drop him in a cleaned up shoe box in the boot of my car.
I will have a clean crate and under tray ready in my back seat.
I want to understand how to fully clean(and sanitize if needed the puppy) before i put him in his crate.
I was thinking just a light wipe with some pet wipes, if sanitizer is safe i could just put some on a soft cloth and give him light wipe and another light rub to clean the sanitizer.
Or i could just be OCDing and nothing is necessary.
Suggestions welcome.
I think I've heard the virus doesn't transmit through pet fur too easy, but you can try some Dawn dish detergent once you get home. It's supposed to kill the coronavirus, and it's safe to use on them on occasion. Just don't use the detergent regularly, because it could dry their skin out.

No idea if Dawn is available where you are or if other brands would be safe.
Also the puppy will be taking a long journey via roar around 24 hours. What should i do immediately after i bring him home, like what food to give him etc(apart from kibble) to help travelling trauma

1 - 3 of 3 Posts