Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have a question about the behaviour of my two year old male chihuahua Alistair. We recently brought home our second chihuahua (Emmett) who is 10 weeks old and Alistair has shown great interest in him. He want to play with the puppy all day long! He seems to be adjusting to the puppy well, however he also seems distant with me (no one else, just me). If I am petting or playing with Alistair and Emmett comes running over, Alistair will back off and go play by himself. He also will sometimes bark at me (not aggressively) when I pick up or hold Emmett.

I am just wondering if this is normal, and if my cuddly Alistair will ever be the same around me.

Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Yes he will come back to being normal, he is jealous, try to pay a little more attention to him while puppy is sleeping. I am having that problem now with Ike and Holly, just brought home our 3rd Chi. Ike is stand offish, which he was when I got Holly. Just like human children they resent the new one. But they should come around soon and bond with the puppy and for give you.. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts