Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Britney Concert *pics on 2nd page*

Here's how it all went down...

I had a Super 8 motel room reserved for my brother and me. He managed to convince my mom to go with us as well. We left around 10:30am on Thursday morning and got to L.A. about a few minutes before 2PM. The traffic was already getting ridiculous and it took us an hour to reach a Dennys restaurant, as opposed to the 30 minute drive. The location of the motel was horrible!! It was a ghetto part of L.A. but the motel was really nice! Made no sense to us :D

After finally getting back to our motel room at 4:45PM, my brother and I hurried to get ready thinking the traffic on the way to the Staples Center was going to be just as ridiculous. He showered since he's quick (and a man), and I decided to just put on fresh underwear, deodorant, and clothes. LOL!

It was only a whopping 10 minute drive on the freeway, but reaching the arena itself was another issue. There were so many One-way streets that my brother was getting frustrated and I couldn't help since I don't even know how to drive! let alone help with directions.

We FINALLY got to the Staples Center with plenty of time. Lines were already formed and I went straight for the booth that was selling merchandise. Spent $70 on two things!! A few minutes after 6:30, they opened the doors and I was getting reallyyyy nervous because I thought they would try to take my camera away. Luckily, they didn't.

Fast forwarding a bit...
About 8:15-8:30, the lights started dimming and everyone was going nuts. The beginning of the song "Dont Cha" started to play and the big round screen was beginning to lift. Before I knew it, I was looking at the one and only Pussycat Dolls! They put on such an awesome show!! Kim is my favorite Doll and I wish we could've been closer so I could've waved to her and Know that she saw it.

After they danced their butts off and got us pumped for Brit, the lights came up for just a bit and then we were entertained by a circus act. I gotta admit, I thought the tricks were going to be lame...but wow, they did a pretty cool job! :)

THEN, the time came. It was about 9:15 and the lights were all off, people were screaming and my knees were rattling, LOL! The big round screen was on the stage and the opening video came on. It features Perez Hilton as Queen Elizabeth. He was going on about how he's the best and blah blah blah. Then, Britney comes and shoots him with an arrow!! As that is happening, the screen is lifting and Miss Britney Spears is descending down from the top in her Ringleader outfit!

She started the show singing "Circus" and ended with a ridiculously cute and sexy cop outfit, singing "Womanizer."

The show was awesome and our lower level 8th row seats were fab!!! Definitely worth $400. :)

I'll post pictures later on after I get home since I'm typing this up in class, oops!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Julie you'll have a wonderful time!!! I don't know if PCD will be opening up for her in London, since I know they will be touring on their own elsewhere. I heard Ciara might be her opening act. I've also heard the name Girls Aloud? Not sure though. :)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
*Jealous*

I want to see Britney in concert sooo bad! But we just don't have the money. Besides, the backstreet boys are in the studio again and if they come close to me on their next tour..we WILL be shelling out the money for tickets! Woot woot! lol

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The beginning of her singing "womanizer," than the camera died...

I also have a video I recorded of her singing "Baby One more Time," which I'll try to upload later on. it's not a great video because my stupid camera wouldn't let me zoom in.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! It truly was an awesome concert. I'm upset about how the sponsors went about the whole thing though. We found out there would be a tour towards the last week of November of '08, than a couple days after Thanksgiving, the dates were announced, THAN December 1st, they announced tickets would be going on sell on the 2nd (which was Brit's bday and the release of her album). So, no one got a chance to save up enough money. Fans at forums were going nuts and were soo stressed out. Myself included.

The conclusion of all that above blabbing is that I wish they could've given us more time because I truly feel I would've been able to go to 2 or 3 shows.

Btw, my brother is the one who took me. He's OBSESSED with the song "Circus" and says it's his fave song now since, when he hears it, he can imagine her entrance that night. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts