Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a fun trip. We had an awesome time in Colorado. We took Brody everywhere with us and he did great. David even took him on hikes up mountain trails and he loved it. Such a fun time! Here's some pics ....

The house we stayed at .... (vrbo.com is awesome!)

Relaxing with a bully stick on the deck ....

Outside the house going on a hike with daddy ...

An old homestead to explore ....

Brody the WOLF. He found an old deer bone and wouldn't let go of it!

Posing on a rock.....

What a view!!

And last but not least... we saw this restaurant in Denver! Would've stopped if we'd had time!! ha!

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
awww tracey those are just wonderful pics brody looks stunning as usual i love the view pic its framworthy no doubt and awwww whats he like with his deer bone lol
the house looked great loved everything xxxxx

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Brody looks perfectly at home among the mountains :)
Looks like you had a wonderful time.

The Cafe Chihuahua is hilarious. I just hope it was there to serve Chihuahuas
and not to SERVE CHIHUAHUAS. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brody looks perfectly at home among the mountains :)
Looks like you had a wonderful time.

The Cafe Chihuahua is hilarious. I just hope it was there to serve Chihuahuas
and not to SERVE CHIHUAHUAS. :)
LOL!!! I hope you're right!!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
What an amazing view! I bet you all had a blast there. How peaceful and serene. Brody looks like he was right at home, enjoying every second. I had to show my daughter Jade's BF. :D I love the pic of him on the rock with the mountains behind him. That doesn't even look real it's so gorgeous!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Oh, and my daughter said, "Mom, let's go there." :lol: How cool there was a Cafe Chihuahua!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beautiful pics this is colorado huh we were thinking of taking the dogs on a vacation with us but wasnt sure where to go we looked at colorado but wasnt sure how much we could do with the dogs but looks like its a great place to go with the pups!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful pics this is colorado huh we were thinking of taking the dogs on a vacation with us but wasnt sure where to go we looked at colorado but wasnt sure how much we could do with the dogs but looks like its a great place to go with the pups!
We were in Fairplay, CO which is about 20 miles from Breckenridge. A beautiful part of the state. You have the huge mountains and lots of pass roads to explore, etc. but pretty close in to shopping too if you want to do that. Most days we stopped at Subway or similar while we were out driving around and then had a picnic.

We did go to this really fun frontier city in Fairplay that ALLOWS AND WELCOMES DOGS for half the day. It's like a recreation of an old west town with tons of buildings and displays and antiques. Like the general store was set up with everything they'd have for sale back in 1870. Very neat! That was a really fun day and Brody loved being able to go in all the buildings and sniff around. If that sounds like something you'd enjoy, it's really neat because you can bring the dog.

The weather was in the 60's most of the time we were there so on the couple of times we wanted to go to a restaurant, we left Brody in the car, snuggled in his blanket in his crate with the windows cracked. We always sat so we could see the car and it was chilly, so no chance of him over heating. We also did take him with us to some stores in his bag. A stroller would have worked for that too.

Dogs are allowed and welcomed in most cities there and on the trails. You'll see people with dogs everywhere, especially at the outdoor cafe's. My hubby took Brody on several hikes on trails with Brody on leash and he did great. If you like hiking, Colorado is hard to beat.

Brodysmom

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Tracy, I hope to god you are framing the one of Brody with the mountains behind him. Just amazing.

I love the cafe chi!!! How fun is that???

Looks like a great place and I'm so glad you guys had fun and got to take Brody!!! Back to reality is no fun. Gorgeous pics honey!!!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
OMG Tracy, those pics are beautiful!!!!
What a nice vacation you must have had. Brody looks like a real "hiker". Love the deer bone one. Of course the view one is priceless....

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
WOW WOW WOW! What a gorgeous place you stayed at... looks like such a fun time.

That photo of Brody on the rock with the clouds and awesome view is breath taking.. amazing... i am speechless!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Welcome back Tracy! Your pics are fantastic! The place looks wonderful and Brody looks like he had a ball. I'm so jealous of your off lead pics! I've told hubby that we need to plan a trip out to Denver to hike the CO Rockies.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wow! What a great vacation and amazing pics! I love Brody and the deer bone, priceless.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts