Chihuahua People Forum banner

Brody's Colorado Vacation

1K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  amylounell 
#1 ·
We just got back from a week in Colorado for vacation. Brody is the BEST traveler! He just sleeps in the car. When we get to a hotel, we bring in his bag and he digs through it and gets out a ball and then he's happy as a clam. :) Once we got to the vacation house, he settled right in. He is a joy to travel with.

Here's a few pics....

The vacation rental house we stayed in. North of Durango, CO. Lots of room to spread out, a hot tub on the deck, lots of woods and trails. And lots of squirrels to chase!

We saw deer every day from the deck walking through this grassy area in the back of the house.

Brody ready for another walk!

We went sight seeing every day, Colorado is so beautiful!

Such a good boy!

It's a big big world out there! Let's go explore it! :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks Michele! It was really good to get away.

Wow!! Just beautiful & looks so peaceful. Lucky pup looks like he had a wonderful vaca too!! Lol
It just wouldn't be the same to go on vacation if we couldn't bring Brody! :D

Brody, what an adventurer you are!

I really want to live in Colorado one day. I want to live everywhere, lol, but that's on the list too! It does look beautiful.
Colorado is definitely one of our favorite places.

I'm glad you enjoyed Colorado. Brody looks at home. No problems with hawks swirling overhead? I'm a nervous CO Chi Mom.
He wasn't off leash. That last pic of him in the yard was snapped right before we got in the car. The rest of the time he was on his harness/leash and we were right there. One evening we went out in the back yard for a potty break and there were several deer out there. They can be aggressive! Luckily they just walked away. Definitely have to be aware of wildlife danger out there! You are a SMART mom to be aware of all the things that could go wrong out there in the wilderness. It's not a safe place for the little guys.

#7 ·
I'm glad Brody was well guarded! A couple weeks ago I saw two hikers hiking their pack of dogs in the Mount Evans wilderness area--about 9,000 feet elevation. Would you believe in the middle of this pack was a very small Chi hiking at a very fast pace! I couldn't believe it. They had taught the Chi to hike between the big dogs, one on either side, one in front, one behind. I started screeching like a fool, "LOOK AT THE CHI!" The woman told me he is an exceptional hiker. I would not hike my Chis off leash, but it was quite the sight.

#15 ·
OMG I would have loved to have seen that!!! Brody can go long distances as well. He never seems to tire out like we do. ha.

Oh Tracy, always love your vacation pics with Mr. Brody!:p
Thanks Pam! This was part vacation and part job hunting trip. We may end up moving to Utah.

Beautiful pictures. Love the scenery. Looks like Brody enjoyed his vacation :).
Thanks! Yes, he loves to go. He loves rest stops too. So much to sniff. ;)

Beautiful pictures! Brody seems to photograph very well!
Thank you! I think its hard to photograph black dogs but we try. :)

Love love love these!! I feel like I went to Colorado with you guys haha!
Thanks Kat! It was really relaxing. Good to get away for awhile.

Awesome photos! He looks great!
Thanks Christie! It was fun.

Wow, they are great photos and Brody looks gorgeous amidst all the beautiful scenery.

Is Colarado where you took that amazing photo of Brody with the mountains in the background for your siggy? - that is one of my all time favourite photos and really makes me want to visit there someday :)
Hi Jane - yes, that pic of him on the rock ledge was also in Colorado! Oh you would love it. It is spectacular.

I knew I would be jealous when I saw the title of this thread. We LOVE Colorado. It is our favorite place to go on vacation. Brody looks like he had a really good time! Kerri loves hiking on the woods- I think the desert down here gets a little boring for her. I can't wait till we can get back up to Colorado!
I am curious though- is that lost lake?

If it is then you were on my favorite place on the planet.
No, it wasn't lost lake. It was Stevens lake I believe? It was between Durango and Silverton. Beautiful place and walking trails all around. You would love it. Do you ever worry about scorpions or spiders or snakes when you are out and about?

#13 ·
Wow, they are great photos and Brody looks gorgeous amidst all the beautiful scenery.

Is Colarado where you took that amazing photo of Brody with the mountains in the background for your siggy? - that is one of my all time favourite photos and really makes me want to visit there someday :)

#14 ·
I knew I would be jealous when I saw the title of this thread. We LOVE Colorado. It is our favorite place to go on vacation. Brody looks like he had a really good time! Kerri loves hiking on the woods- I think the desert down here gets a little boring for her. I can't wait till we can get back up to Colorado!
I am curious though- is that lost lake?

If it is then you were on my favorite place on the planet.

#17 ·
Thank you Karen! It's an ipuppyone harness I got on clearance awhile back. The vest style works better for him than the over the head kind. It also sort of acts as a coat since it's a heavier harness than usual. Perfect for Colorado!

We need some new pics of your 3 cuties!!! :D

#27 ·
It was a great vacation! Loved it!

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like an awesome trip.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Thanks! Yes, we love Colorado. It's one of our favorite places.

Looks and sounds amazing. What a beautiful place!
It was so relaxing and pretty. I want to go back! LOL

Cute! I chuckled reading about him digging his ball out of a bag. Maybe we need a video of him doing that? Glad you all had a great time. Looks a lot like BC there.
I would love to visit Canada! The closest we got was Vancouver when we were in Washington state last year. I will definitely try to get a video of him going after his ball. ;)

So cool! Great pics. Such a nice vacation house. Glad you guys had fun!

Surprised you didn't meet up with Kristi (flippedstars) at all. Were you close enough?
We were very close! She was at a dog show for part of the time, and we just didn't have the time. Our two (adult) daughters flew in for part of the time and we had stuff planned each day. We also had to leave a day earlier than planned to go on to Utah for David to have a job interview there. So part of the trip was fun and part was stressful. But nothing beats the mountains! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.