Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the net finding sites on chihuahuas all day!

Many forums have had the " teacup", I am TOTALLY fed up with it, it made me physically sick. People like Paris and Britney are just making people get the dogs as fashion accessories like they are a Louis Vuitton handbag.
Ok so maybe they do care but for many owners it will be a fad for a few weeks and then they will get forgotton about.

Then what made me boil over was this... on preloved website......

Hello, I'm new on here and only joined for 1 reason to get a Chihuahua, I would love one with short hair and really small. If any of you knows of breeders, please let me know.

Chihuahua lovers, have you seen Bambi? Paris hilton new pup? love!

and ....

Hi,
I am looking for a Tea Cup chihuahua am willing to travel for the right pup. Please email me if you know of one for sale.
Thanks
Mel

and then i saw this that just made me really physically sick involving our very own stefanie_farrell

STEFANIE:
Jason, I understand you are trying to help these people find chis but I don't think you should be helping *giving out numbers* to people whom obviously have no idea about the breed...anyone in their right mind would know that you could never give an exact adult weight of a dog! Dur!
And as for the teacups, ***** fed up of hearing it! Research the breed for the pups own sake!
Well I may sound harsh, but its my opinion, sorry if i offended, but im offended anyway.

RANDOM PERSON:
Wot a silly comment by Stefanie. Jason has simply pointed people in the right direction. I have spoken to some breeders and they are understandably very strict about providing the dogs etc. He cannot be responsible for the actions of others but his comments have been helpful.

MEL THE TEACUP WANTER:
Well I think Jason was only trying to help and good on him. Thanks Jason. I think it is up to individual people if they want to buy a small Runt of litter Chihuahua then thats up to them. I'm viewing one on Thursday!

AND THEN THE REPLY FROM JASON IS TRULY DISGUSTING!
HERE IT IS:
stephanie it is up to me what i do and who i speak to( seen as your only 16 i dont know what makes you think you know so much) you dont even own a chihuahua! so I think next time before you start shooting your mouth you think! your probably just jealous because no breeder would consider you! and thanks guys for sticking up for me!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!

I won'tbe replying to Jason playing his silly childish games but I wanted to support Stefanie and say well done for standing up for soething she believes in!

Well done girl!

Oh chi peops! What can we do?

This is so frustrating.
I watch people everyday tring to find "teacups" or "a doggy just like Paris'"

I really wish there was something that could be done about it!

Thanks for hearing me out!

Zoe and Jack xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Grrrr. :evil: Some people! :evil: I really think the situation is really sad. You know, the next celeb. that comes out sporting a new dog - everyone is going to run out and try to find one just like it. Back when the 101 Dalmations movie came out there was this HUGE hike in dalmation pups being sold - then not long after the dog pounds were reporting HUGE increases in dalmations in the pound - cuz people didn't know anything about the breed - and got ride of them when they couldn't handle them or they weren't "Cute" enough for them!!! Stupid People!!! :evil:

What site is this JASON on?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Bravo to Stephanie for doing her part, it's so important to break that stigma so that people will stop profiting off of it, and stop selling dogs to people who only want them as fashion accessories.

This is revolting to me too, but as for those dogs that are already born, all we can do is hope they go to good homes.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I feel your pain I am getting sick of seeing these people ask for teacup chi's for me it opens the wound over my Nemo again and again because he was so tiny and how could people breed dogs his size out of choice. Well done to Steph for saying her bit haha I'm becoming known for yelling at people on champdogs in the uk and epupz because of all this :( It really upsets me Nemo was so tiny but he was all dog how can people want them as an accessory then throw them away.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi is a little one and i encounter people every day ask if she's a teacup. lately i've been kinda rude, no, she's a chihuahua can't drink out of her..... then they ask questions where i got her, they want one as small as her and i feel it's my duty to tell them that there are dangers and safety issues they need to look out for. this one chick had 3 really rambunctious kids and she wanted a "teacup just like her" i said would you lock your kids up and put them away when the dog is running around? i've heard stories of a garbage can getting knocked over onto a small chi and it breaking bones! it makes me so mad that they don't even think about long term. i knew chiwi was tiny but it was after i feel in love with her, because of her size i've taken a lot of precautions and she doesn't get to play with other dogs unless they are around her size and i am sitting right there with my hand on at least on of them! i've done research and i encourage others to do so, those that will sit there and research the breed and ask questions show that they will care about the dog and will end up having a forever home for a lucky puppy!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
chiwi is a little one and i encounter people every day ask if she's a teacup. lately i've been kinda rude, no, she's a chihuahua can't drink out of her..... then they ask questions where i got her, they want one as small as her and i feel it's my duty to tell them that there are dangers and safety issues they need to look out for. this one chick had 3 really rambunctious kids and she wanted a "teacup just like her" i said would you lock your kids up and put them away when the dog is running around? i've heard stories of a garbage can getting knocked over onto a small chi and it breaking bones! it makes me so mad that they don't even think about long term. i knew chiwi was tiny but it was after i feel in love with her, because of her size i've taken a lot of precautions and she doesn't get to play with other dogs unless they are around her size and i am sitting right there with my hand on at least on of them! i've done research and i encourage others to do so, those that will sit there and research the breed and ask questions show that they will care about the dog and will end up having a forever home for a lucky puppy!

i totally agree! :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just checked to see what you wrote lilchihuahua and was astonished at what Jason said back to you! people like him don't deserve chis!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
677 Posts
What a horrible thing to say to Stefanie. Don't worry though he is just upset that he was outsmarted by a girl.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I HATE when people ask me "Is he a teacup or large chihuahua" and I say "He's a normal size chihuahua.. there is no such thing as teacups." It's just annoying. How can they catch on to the word "teacup" but cant manage to rid themselves of it?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
For goodness sake, that is terrible :roll: :cry:
Stefani if you're reading this, please don't let them get to you, they're a bunch of morons and sadly nobody will ever get through to them :(

I think the best thing we can do is put anyone right where and when we can about "teacups", so that we protect the breed that we all clearly love so much.
There will always be idiots who think they know what they're talking about, and talk to you like you know nothing. They will get what's coming to them I say.

Chin up people! :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
the last page of a cosmo magazine (not the original cosmo mag but one of those cosmo style or something like that) has celebs with their small dogs and it has teacup pups or something can't remember the second word but it says teacup. thing is bit bit is on their with britney, kelly osbourne is on it with her brussels griffon puppy, there is 2 poms and a french bulldog and pug (can't remember anything else) but i'm like first of all there is no such thing as a teacup and second of all a pug or a french bulldog wouldnt' be considered one!!!!! and it also labeled them accessories!!!!!!!!

i will be writing the magazine.......

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, since someone posted a link to this forum on that website, I'm curious to know how many people actually did do some chi research here. It would be interesting to see. Maybe Jason peeked in too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts