Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so yucky! This is the third bout of either bronchitis or pneumonia I have had in the last six months and I am so tired of it! I have barely had time to get ri of the side effects for the antibiotics before I have had to go on them again. This time I also have Advair which I have never used before and honestly I have not even looked up the side effects for it, I just went ahead and used it. I can at least breathe better now but I am super jumpy now. Poor little Taz has sat in my lap most of the night and growled if anyone comes near me, she is very attuned to my moods. Would somebody please tell me this too shall pass??? Or at least give me some cheese to go with this whine?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
OMG! i know how you feel! its sooo annoying! bronchitis is evil! LOL i had it one ater another is annoying :( maybe something to do with your thyroids? that affects the immune system ? thats my prob :( hope you feel better soon! just rest! LOL

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
This too shall pass Terri. :)
Hang tough my love! Wine, cheese, and a nap will speed up healing time. HUGS.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I, also take advair. I have asthma, and advair changed my life. I was on oral cortisone for 38 YEARS, which most people know is really a long time. Nothing else controlled my asthma. Now I'm off prednisone, and advair is the only thing I take. Good luck, and take care. Sue

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Feel better SOON!!! :daisy:

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Ugh I know how u feel I had a sinus infection that moved into a chest infection and then on top of that I got 2 eye infections that were so bad my eyes were glued shut and it looked like I got punched in both eyes and then I had a bladder infection I was on antibiotics 4 times plus antibiotic eye drops woke up Sunday with another sinus infection before the chest infection even had time to go away and my bladder infection didn't cure from the antibiotics I've been working every day suffering for 3 weeks now :( hope u get better soon too!!! My doctor wont even schedule me in because she's too busy so I don't even know what else to do been searching endlessly for a new doc recently ugh stress!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Terri, are you feeling better yet? I hope so!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I used to get bronchitis and pneumonia like that every year. It seemed like Spring, Fall, and Winter there was always parts of it that I was sick. The last time I had bronchitis they put me on Advair but they found out later my asthma was causing my bronchitis so I have stayed on Advair.
It has been over a year now and I have not had one bout of bronchitis and my asthma is under control. I only have to use an inhaler every once in a blue moon now.
Make sure that you rinse your mouth out after every use of Advair though because it can cause yeast infections if you do not.
I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Terri, are you feeling better yet? I hope so!
Yes, I do feel better! Thank you for asking! It is not completely gone but today at work we did lots of cleaning and I sweated a lot. Oddly, the more I sweated the better I felt!

I used to get bronchitis and pneumonia like that every year. It seemed like Spring, Fall, and Winter there was always parts of it that I was sick. The last time I had bronchitis they put me on Advair but they found out later my asthma was causing my bronchitis so I have stayed on Advair.
It has been over a year now and I have not had one bout of bronchitis and my asthma is under control. I only have to use an inhaler every once in a blue moon now.
Make sure that you rinse your mouth out after every use of Advair though because it can cause yeast infections if you do not.
I hope you get to feeling better soon!!
I wish I had realized that because now I have that too. I have recurrent problems with that anyway so I had medication on hand but I will rinse from now on. I wonder if that is also true when using a cortisteroid spray in your nose? Those really help my allergies but I get the yeast infection within a few days of starting the nasal spray.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I looked on the internet and found of of the side effects of corticosteroid nasal sprays could be yeast infections.
I did not know it at first either. My pharmacist had told me to rinse after every use but I did not think anything about it until my family doctor started checking my mouth and throat. I asked her why and she told me that Advair and my rescue inhaler could cause yeast infections so she was making sure that I did not have any.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I love my Advair! Like so many of you, I have asthma. My case is so severe that at 22 years old I have been admitted to the hospital upwards of ten times for asthma or asthma related illnesses. I've been to the ER dozens of times. Two years ago, I got so sick I ended up in and out of the hospital for a total of 10 days. The doctor put me on Advair. I haven't had a single problem since I start it. It has truly restored my quality of life. I couldn't walk, go up stairs, or make it to class most of the time before. Now, I feel normal again. It's great!

PS- I hope you continue to feel better. There is no worse feeling than not being able to breathe.

PPS- Yes, if you don't rinse you can get yeast infections. Also, I know that some people get sores in their mouth if they don't rinse. My mom is an RN and she also told me NEVER to drink the water I rinse with. I don't know why, though, she never really explained it to me. Just to be safe, though, I take it right before I brush my teeth!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts