Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I woke up this AM to take Miya out, it was 59 degrees! Sure that's not freezing, but compared to the 90+ temps we've had for a long time, that was a wake up! Time to go fall shopping for Miya. None of her puppy stuff from last winter fits :) Miya looked at me like why am I in this cold grass!?

Any excuse to shop!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I woke up to chilly weather. Toby does not like NC temps, lol. I'm on the hunt for some cute things for fall for him too. And even more importantly a warm coat for winter.

You should have seen his face when we left to take him to day care. I was running late and didn't realize it was cold out so he didn't have a sweater. If looks could kill, I would be dead and buried. He was not a happy camper. When we got to his day care, they asked what was wrong. I was like "nothing- he is a brat about the cold." you can take the chi out of Florida but you can't take the Florida out of the chi!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
59 degrees has been pretty close to our summer weather the majority of the time this year, lol.

It's funny, because when it's like 70 degrees here, I'm like "Oh my god it's GORGEOUS out!" When in the summer at home in the US, if it was 70 degrees, I would call it a crappy day. :p

Gemma is okay in the cold weather since she's never experienced it very hot. I've only seen her pant one time while we were sitting on a bench in the sun when it was miraculously 80 degrees out, but it was only a few quick pants and then she closed her mouth again. I'm ordering her a cute hoodie from Elaine though for winter, since winters here can dip in the negatives, and that's in Fahrenheit. It's always negative in Celsius, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
My two have never peed so quickly in their life! They were not happy about the chilly morning air at all!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
This was one more hot summer for us here!90-100 during the daytime!but this morning was also 59 when we got up.So glad Fall weather is almost here!!I love Fall!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
59 degrees has been pretty close to our summer weather the majority of the time this year, lol.

It's funny, because when it's like 70 degrees here, I'm like "Oh my god it's GORGEOUS out!" When in the summer at home in the US, if it was 70 degrees, I would call it a crappy day. :p

Gemma is okay in the cold weather since she's never experienced it very hot. I've only seen her pant one time while we were sitting on a bench in the sun when it was miraculously 80 degrees out, but it was only a few quick pants and then she closed her mouth again. I'm ordering her a cute hoodie from Elaine though for winter, since winters here can dip in the negatives, and that's in Fahrenheit. It's always negative in Celsius, lol.
It's so funny that you mention panting. We got Miya in November and it didn't warm up here until around May. So we are constantly outside and she would never pant. Then when summer hit, she would pant..hilarious!! and so cute. One time over the summer my husband took her to the dog park, it was really hot out. He said they stayed for like 5 minutes and she was ready to come home. I have a pic of her in his arms just sprawled out like she's saying "dad I can't breathe, I'm so hot, I'm melting!"

·
Registered
369 Posts
It has been chilly here too for the past three mornings. Biscuit will go for his walk in the morning eat a quick breakfast and then he has to spend like an hour napping wrapped up in a fleece blanket before he is ready to go again. He is not going to appreciate the Chicago winters I fear. I have been knitting him some sweaters, because I cannot find anything in his size pre-made as he is around 2 lbs. I am hoping that as he grows that we will have better luck, but until then, my little guy is going to have to deal with mommy made not so pretty stuff. But I would love to find him a hoodie, a sweater, and a fleece jacket in his size now. I have been looking just hard to find in this size

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We didn't get out for a walk until about 5 yesterday. It was 70 degrees and beautiful! We walked out and Chloe started shivering. This is going to be a long winter! I did get her a cute new hot pink coat though!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
It's so funny that you mention panting. We got Miya in November and it didn't warm up here until around May. So we are constantly outside and she would never pant. Then when summer hit, she would pant..hilarious!! and so cute. One time over the summer my husband took her to the dog park, it was really hot out. He said they stayed for like 5 minutes and she was ready to come home. I have a pic of her in his arms just sprawled out like she's saying "dad I can't breathe, I'm so hot, I'm melting!"
Awww, lol. I think they look so adorable when they pant. Poor Miya, lol. I think that's how Gemma was feeling that day that she panted for a few seconds because when she started to pant, she didn't know what was happening. Every time she opened her mouth she started squirming and climbing up my chest like "Help, Mom! Something's happening to me!"

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I woke up to chilly weather. Toby does not like NC temps, lol. I'm on the hunt for some cute things for fall for him too. And even more importantly a warm coat for winter.

You should have seen his face when we left to take him to day care. I was running late and didn't realize it was cold out so he didn't have a sweater. If looks could kill, I would be dead and buried. He was not a happy camper. When we got to his day care, they asked what was wrong. I was like "nothing- he is a brat about the cold." you can take the chi out of Florida but you can't take the Florida out of the chi!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
(-: Per my post yesterday about the weather, I am about ready to buy Lady her first hoodie! Much cooler her on SC!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Today is definitely chilly her in Pa and Stella let me know it this morning! She was shivering so bad when we got up this morning and came downstairs. She even shivered while she peed! Then we came in and she curled up in the comforter (that we left in the living room because she claimed it) and laid there giving me the most pathetic look! It's the first cool day we've had since she was a tiny thing. I too have to go shopping since she's out-grown all her warm clothes :/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts