Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with short haired Chi's, what kind of brush do you use on your baby (ies)? Do you use one with bristles or the pin brushes?

Thanks! :wave:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hmm. Lorisbabychi has a "Zoom Groom" we use it on our cats, because it gets A LOT of hair off. That thing is awesome, I'm sure it works for dogs, we'll find out in a few weeks when we finally get our puppies! lol. The zoom groom is with rubbery bristles, they may have a different one for dogs though not to sure. I think i just made a really random post, because I dont think i helped you at all.....LOL :lol: sorry! I stop my babbleing hehehehe. :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico is a short hair and I use a brush with very soft bristles on it. he loves being brushed...he'll sit there very still while i brush him. :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget is the long haired (we think) I went and got him a human baby brush... he loves it. It is nice and soft and brushes his hair nicely.. he willlay there for hours if you'll brush that long...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've read that it is best to get natural bristle brush because they do the least amount of damage to your pups coat and wont cause static electricity like the nylon or metal combs and brushes. No pup wants to be zapped. :sad3:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I use a wooden natural bristle brush, that I got from Pet co. I made sure to test it on my fourarm to see if it scratches the skin because their hair is so short. That rubberone sounds good too for getting the hair out.

I'm not sure if Hershey likes to be brushed. I think she thinks it is play time, because she tries to bite the brush as I brush her.

·
Registered
210 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
i don't brush them but i use a wet towel ....and go over their body's :D

kisses nat
Same here for Snap! I tried doing it with the bristle brush and he hated it so I did the towle technique and he likes that a lot better! I always thought it weird to brush short-haired chis, lol, even though it is required. Good luck finding the right bursh for your lil gals!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts