Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
the younger the better... I got lucky with Gadget he loves his teeth brushed.. I put the tooth paste on the brush and let him sniff and lick it then I told him to open his mouth and he did then I started to brush. I brush for a while then let him lick the brush fora second or so.. then i brush again. the whole thing takes about 10 minutes... but he loves it.. I never have to fight with him...

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
cant you get a poultry flavoured one? i think it would be more appetizing for them so they wouldnt be some what of a hassle! i think best would be to start young so they get used to it. ;)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I learned the HARD way with Britney. She's going to be 4 in September and she will NOT let me brush her teeth...I tried the beef flavored and she didn't want to lick it..I tried a mint kind and she didn't like that either.

I'm just wondering so I can improve with Butterfly...I was the one that gave her her first bath and I plan on being the first one to brush her teeth :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I started brushing Angel's teeth right away. She has always loved it! I sit on the floor, she will jump into my lap and flip over on her back waiting. LOL

We used to use the poultry flavored but Angel sucked it off the toothbrush before I could get any of the teeth clean so I switched to these dental wipes. She loves them too but I don't feel like they are cleaning all that well so we switched to a new toothpaste called Denta Clean. It is a mint flavored paste and Angel loves it!! And I actually manage to get some teeth cleaned too. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts