Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Buffalo Meat considered rich? I got some on sale today and wanted to know if I had to take it extra slow when introducing to the girls? I'm psyched, I love trying new things for them.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I've given it to mine a few times without any trouble, but usually mixed w/ their THK, as that I've found is the easiest way to introduce a new meat anyway.

It's lower fat than beef but still much richer I'd say than chicken :) I really don't have a techincal answer just my own experience.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you, that page was very informative about Buffalo.

I've given it to mine a few times without any trouble, but usually mixed w/ their THK, as that I've found is the easiest way to introduce a new meat anyway.

It's lower fat than beef but still much richer I'd say than chicken :) I really don't have a techincal answer just my own experience.
Thank-you. I love trying new things for them, so was excited to see it on sale at Good Earth Natural Foods tonight, as it's not exactly the cheapest meat but I figured I'd splurge for Thanksgiving :p

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Haha, Happy Thanksgiving girls!

It's low fat like Krisit said but I think from a taste standpoint it's richer than lean ground beef.

:( I haven't had buffalo in a long time.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I've given my pups a ground bisson meal w/o any GI issues (except Mari who puked it up--but because she's got a red meat intolerence). We didn't start slow & they did completely fine. The only thing that has caused any type of tummy issues with my crew is 1)whole smelt...Matilda ODed on it I guess & it caused a bit of diarrhea & pork chops...apparently there was too much marrow & a few of my pups had diarrhea from that. Otherwise any new source (they've now had eggs, rabbit, bisson, quail, turkey, chicken, pork, beef, beef tripe, goat & even the whole ground white fish we fed yesterday) has digested w/o issue at all. So if your pups are tolerent of new things generally I'd say they'll be just fine. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Buffalo meat is awesome! Brody's organs are usually buffalo - I bought liver and kidney from a bison farm for him a couple hours north of here. I also got a bison heart and he has had no trouble at all with it. It's awesome meat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts