Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
My dog Keesha (Keeshond) had this happen after her yearly vaccination at 10 years old. The lump never went away and grew. She was very sick after the vaccinations They are calling it sarcoma, but have not biopsied it because of her age...now thirteen. They said there is really nothing they could do with her if it is a sarcoma. So far she is OK, but we fear the worse because we have found another lump. We are so sad, but know she has had a long happy life, and she doesn't seem to be in any pain, so we are just loving her as much as possible.

Now there are some opinions that we vaccinate our pets too often, and it is not good for the immune system. Some vets suggest every three years, but others, probably mostly due to money, still want you to vaccinate every year. Some vets can do antibody levels to see if your pet is still immune, and I think that would be the way to go. It is more expensive, but would rather have them get as few vaccinations as necessary...especially in a small dog like a chihuahua.

By the way...don't want to freak people out about this...most lumps are probably just small local reactions, but you should keep an eye on them. If they grow, take them to the vet and have it checked out.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about Bella. It is probably just a local reaction...especially if it is pea size. Just watch that it doesn't get bigger. Keesha's grew bigger than a tennis ball (but she's a bigger dog).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.