Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share how I came up with my chi's name, Bunker Beanu. He was given to me as a Christmas gift, from my mom, after 9.11. My father was a fire chief, killed at the trade center. Of all the kids, I was the only one who lived alone so she wanted me to have some company and something to help me get through. I wanted to name him something to commemorate my dad. My choices were Bunker... the gear that firefighters wear is called bunker gear... and Beanu (bee-new)... my parents would tell me that when I was a young child, we did a lot of traveling, every time we passed a pasture of cows, for some reason I would bounce in the car screaming beanu's, beanu's, beanu's! I could not decide so I named him both!

But, we call him everything under the sun... Bunk, Bean, Bunker Bean, Cricket, Scooby Doo, Weasel, Rat Boy, Bunky, Beaner, Boo Butt, Bean Boy, Bean Butt, Mr. Tinkles, Pee Pee Head, Tootsie Roll, Mr. I Pooped in the Closet... the list goes on!

What is your Chi's name and what are the names you call him/her that are nothing derivative of the original name!?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
So sorry to hear about your father! I'm glad your mother decided to give you a Chi because for how small they are, they definitely take up a large part of your heart!

My dog's name is Bosco and my hubby and I named him after a Seinfeld episode. There was one where George Costanza's PIN number to the ATM was Bosco.

We are pretty constistent with calling him by his name although we have been known to call him Cutie, Weirdo, Love-a-lee, and Apple-Headed Freak. :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny! I love that episode. When people ask me for my password, I tell them it's Bosco all the time! And, I love Apple-Headed Freak! Bunker is not an apple head but we do call him Freak Boy too! He does take up a very large part of my heart. I would be devastated without him.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hi, nice to meet you. I too am sorry to hear about your father.

Mikey is my chi's name...I wanted to name him Angelo but my kids complained that I always name the pets so actually Mikey's full name is Michaelangelo after one of the Ninja Turtles :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Oh and as to what other names we call him...him it varies from time to time. He has attitude..so sometimes he's Baby Cujo..Killer...Chilou..chichi(not very creative lol) Teeny Meany and the list goes on. I have this thing where I never call anyone by their right name...so you could get called a variety of things by me..whatever pops out my mouth at the moment. :D

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh I just posted this on another thread so it may be a repeat for some. :oops:

I like to call my chis by really long names. It cracks me up for some reason. :D

Annabelle is Annabelle Baby Chihuahua Girl
Cody is Cutie Pie Cody Chihuahua Boy
Callie is Callie Bear Baby Chihuahua Girl

:wink: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
So sorry about your father....I can imagine how terrible that must have been for you and your family. :(

Names for our babies are....

Luna : princess (she lays on top of the couch and seems so relaxed)and lunetta

Stella : Fru Fru (don't know where that came from) and stellina

then other common names like....sweety...baby....anything sweet that we can think of at the moment

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh I'm sorry about your dad too! :( That's a nice name for your dog. I bet your dad would love it!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your father. I am actually right in the process of reading a book about the WTC tragedy. It has people that were there, writing their own accounts of what happened. Again, I am so sorry.

I asked you in another thread how you came up with Bunkers name, so this thread was a great idea!

My first chi is Mr. Peepers. Mr. Peepers was the name of a man-monkey character on Saturday Night Live. He was my favorite character so that's where his name came from. I call him Mr. Man, Midder Midder, Handsome Fellow and The Handsomest. Oh yeah and Mr. Happy Guy.

I just got my second chi Buster 3 weeks ago. His original name was Bruiser. It was brought to my attention (thankfully :) ) that Bruiser is the name of the dog on Legally Blonde. So I wanted to change the name. Ozzysmom, Clare, suggested Buster and I loved it. I call him Buster Boy, Buster Man, Budder Budder and Mommies Boy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imkari said:
I asked you in another thread how you came up with Bunkers name, so this thread was a great idea!
Sorry I missed that you asked... but I'm glad I made up for it! You guys are so active on this forum! I like it! My photography forum sometimes takes a day or two for a response on some threads!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to add this too... I got Bunker before I met my boyfriend Gregg. Well, Gregg is a fisherman and they use a live bait fish called bunker! So, he thought that I was into fishing and named my dog after a fish!!! I like to fish but I would not name my dog after fish bait! Although after Finding Nemo... I do call him Shark Bait Hoo Ha Ha! All of his friends thought the same thing when they met him. They all threaten me that they will put my Bunker on a hook and catch a big striped bass!!! :crybaby:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dobbie

When I adopted Dobbie from the Houston SPCA, he was already named for the house elf in Harry Potter. I liked the name and wanted him to feel "at home" so I didn't try to change it.

However, he's
Dobbie
Dobbie Man
Dobbie the little Dobbie Man (misspelled yes, but he thinks he's a Doberman!)
Little Man
Dobb
Dobb Dobb

The only time he "looks at me funny" is when I accidentally call him by my daughter's dog's name (Wally) - he gives me that look that says "He's not here and I DON'T have to answer." lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts