Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently my chi has turned into a mole. She loves to burrow. I find her between the pillow case and the pillow. Sometimes she tries to get between me and my shirt. Anyone else out there have a crazy chi?

I stumbled across a site called bb-beds. (or something close - bungee burrowing beds???) Has anyone tried this for their baby? It is a covering that fits over a pillow and has a blanket attached to the top to satisfy the burrowing instinct. The blanket can be detached. They are expensive as snot but boy do they look cute. And it would save me from looking like I am pregnant with a chi!!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Jaxx is definitely a burrower especially if there are covers around! If my hubby takes the fuzzy blanket out of the closet Jaxx zooms to him so that he can burrow under the blanket. If I put him on our bed within a minute he is burrowing under the covers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is short-haired and refuses to wear clothes, so I guess it's a good thing that she has that instinct. It's so funny to walk in my room and all of a sudden see the blanket start moving. I either look for movement or two little pointy black ears!! :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
My girls are full time burrowers as well! Maya in particular. She'll find anything to burrow.. Even my lap. Which when she is unsuccessful she wanders off and finds something more burrow-friendly LOL

·
Registered
382 Posts
As I'm typing, Stella is snoozing in the "nest" she made for herself under my covers. LOL. She loves to burrow!

I've never heard of the those BB beds, but I just put a blanket over her bed. She'll burrow under that, though sometimes she ends up pushing it off while trying to get under.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My girl just started that too! She is a larger chi and I am a bit petite so it is a bit of a challenge when she tries to burrow in my sweatshirt. I havent tried the burrow beds..she probably would not use it because she goes all over. We just have to be careful how we sit..we have to check first just in case shes under there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
chi's or Bunnies lol

My Abby loves to burrow too. I managed to post a photo of her all snug as a bug under her blankies. Right now I'm in my recliner with a blanket and she paws at it then puts her nose under then walks right under the blanket and sleeps. The other day my Man came in from work and all of a sudden he sees this mound if blanket on the couch then you could see the shape of her tail wagging back and forth but didn't come out from under the blanket lol;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am always afraid our border collie will jump on the bed and hurt Barney under the covers. I try to keep him from going to the bottom of the bed and keep him up by the top of the comforter. I wake up several times through the night and relocate him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts