Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The comparison pics are taken at different angles so I'm not sure you can tell much, but he's starting to look good! Yeah!!!!

Before:

After:

He had begun looking and walking like a little stuffed sausage! I thought he was cute but I don't want his life to be shortened because I think his chubby little body is cute. He has a waist again! Handsome boy.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rubyfox said:
wow he really is looking good, he some how looks younger too.
Buford ,Triny says you are looking HOT.
I literally burst out laughing out loud when I read this! But now let me tell you, coming from Triny, that's quite a high compliment! Thank you both. Hugs, Bu

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's hard to believe its the same dogBu/family member. Can ya tell a difference in him? or can he tell a difference in himself or otherwise?

·
Registered
83 Posts
chis rule said:
Yeah actually I can tell a difference. He doesn't gimp around like an old man. His stride is more like his age! That's good to see. :)

That's Great! :cool: Our boy is 5 lbs at 9.5 mos. & we want to keep him healthy within his weight chart. It's so tempt'n to give them more treats than he needs. These guys or so little so I can see how they could become a bit over weight.. if we're not careful.

Your pics/s are good ~ what to do & what not to do.

I hope I'm not out of line here though?

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mac-Chi said:
That's Great! :cool: Our boy is 5 lbs at 9.5 mos. & we want to keep him healthy within his weight chart. It's so tempt'n to give them more treats than he needs. These guys or so little so I can see how they could become a bit over weight.. if we're not careful.

Your pics/s are good ~ what to do & what not to do.

I hope I'm not out of line here though?
No I don't think you're out of line! LOL And yes it is hard not to give them more threats than they should have. That's one main reason I've changed the type treats they get. :)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Alisha said:
I think you're both doing great :D It's so harrd not to give in to them when they gve you those little looks ;) Keep up the good work Lin & Bu :D
It is very hard Alisha! It's almost like being on a diet myself! Discipline! Wish I had it in my own eating habits. I need someone to prepare my meals and give to me and then that's it. I've actually thought about going out and staying with my sister for a couple months... she'd see to it that I lose some.

eta: I think he'll maintain really easily if I continue to measure his food and continue to ration the treats. My brother had to put his dog on a diet last year and he said dog and people treats were the worst part of his diet.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Bu looks very handsome!! My Max really needs to lose weight, too! We used to go walking all the time, and I haven't been able to do that for a couple years, and Max has really gotten fat; both from lack of exercise and being given way too many treats and table food! (and that is my husband's fault. I get after him constantly to quit doing that!!!!grrrr!!!) But soon I am starting on a walking regimen and possibly getting a treadmill.....so Max is going to be joining me in that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts