Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now we have our own house I will be working on my dream to run a small pet boarding facility. Its going to take us the best part of a year to get ourselves sorted but i'd like to start minimalist as soon as possible in order to try and build up a good reputation. (I have my cousins 3 degu coming to stay in June! Free of charge of course but still, they will be our first 'guests')

I'm hoping to have the facilities to board rabbits & guinea pigs, both in a custom built shed and indoors in our spare room that will be for our house guests. I also hope to house hamsters, rats, mice, chinchilla, degu, small birds, african pygmy hedgehogs, and possibly other small exotics/reptiles at my discretion in their own cages.

I will not be boarding ferrets, large exotics, large reptiles or large birds. Oh and not dogs or cats either lol

The only think i'm having trouble with is a name for the business! I want the name to reflect what I do so people will read it and sort of know what its about.

Here are the ideas i've come up with so far:

Rabbit & Rodent Retreat (so far my favorite but maybe a bit of a mouthful?)
Kosy Kritters
Tanglewood Warren
Hoppy Pets Holidays

The caption underneath would read 'small animal boarding' but i'd like a name that reflects what we do and one thats easy to remember/say.

Our road is called Freame Close situated in Bussage. Tanglewood Way is another road leading to us which is where Tanglewood Warren came from

Ive waffled on enough

Any input greatly appreciated chi buddies :D

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Hmmm, I like Tanglewood Warren I think, but maybe a bit over done for a small kritter boarding facility? Kozy Kritters is also cute!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Comfy Kritters
Kritter comfort
Tiny talent
Tailors to Tiny
It's a small life
Small says it all
Small town
Tiny Town
It's a small world

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I was curious about something though? With these types of animals would it be possible for different illnesses to spread? With exotics and stuff. Especially with birds I know that they are highly prone to spreading to each other and can cause quite and epidemic. I was wondering if you had thought about that and if not maybe it would be something worth looking into?

I am not sure about your area but is there a high demand for these types of animals to be boarded?

I think it is a neat idea though. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I have a good friend whose boarding/grooming salon is called "Bed and Biscuit" and I think that's just so cute. :)

Good luck with your new endeavor!

·
Registered
602 Posts
What about

"Hariy Poppins"

like Mary poppins?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Kritter Country Club
Kritter Kountry Club