Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Buster(Downtown Buster Brown)-Manchester Terrier, lifelong companion to Chico, died in his sleep last night....
He was 13 yrs old...and has been fighting Cushing's Disease for the last 8 mths..
may he finally Rest in Peace without pain....

Buster was a smart dog. Even learned how to 'spin' just from watching me teach Chico... The last few months though have been tough on him. I have already had one dog in the past that had Cushing's Disease so I knew the path he was taking was a short one once diagnosis is made.

Chico is lost this morning, his buddy won't wake up for breakfast and he can't figure out why.... He is moping around, not eating, not playing like usual.... I think he senses something has happened....

I was going to find Chico another Chihuahua this spring, I knew Buster was not going to live long and I hate the idea Chico now has to be alone in the house.... He has always been with Buster and had someone to play with(when Buster was well) I will begin my search now for another companion for him..so its Very Bittersweet for me right now.....

RIP Buster.........

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I am so very sorry. I know some of what you are going through, I just lost my pekingese. RIP Buster.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh Jan i'm so sorry for you and Chico,you must both comfort each other.Why do these things always happen before xmas ???? "HUGS " to you both.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Jan, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rest in Peace Buster.

Hugs Chico; I hope you get a new buddy very soon so you and your Mom won't be alone.
In the meantime, give each other a hug from us.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know what it feels like to loose a dog just before Christmas, I'm so sorry. My precious Max died on the twentieth of December last month. But don't worry Buster will have a very happy Christmas with all the other pets that have passed

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss Jan looking forward to your new addition when you are ready.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Jan, My heart aches for you and for Chico, I am so sorry to hear of Buster's passing this morning. You are in my prayers, Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear this Jan.

Of course Buster had the best possible life of love with you and Chico.
That is important to remember at these times.

When Carlos passed, Mateo walked up to him and it was obvious that he was bewildered by what he was seeing and smelling. It was so difficult to see that.

I feel so bad for Chico.

RIP, dear Buster.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Jan. :( RIP sweet Buster.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
So sorry for your loss jan :( animals do suffer from loss too we found max wasn't the same dog anymore after Lexus passed away even tho he did stop lOoking for her eventually I hope chico feels better soon lots of extra love.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
What a beauty he was! I am so sorry for your loss. Our 13 year old shepherd had to be put to sleep a few months ago and we had to put our dachshund to sleep two years ago when she was 14. I've had the chis less than a year and sometimes when I am holding them all I can think about is how painful it will be to let them go but my life would not be the same without them. A big hug to you both.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Jan, I am soooo sorry (((((HUGS))))) to you and lots of lovin for Chico....R.I.P Buster.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh Jan, I am so sorry to hear this! I loved watching him on your video cam. RIP sweet Buster.

Message me if you need some good breeders, I can recommend one or two. I know it is bittersweet but it will help Chico get through the grieving process. Animals definitely do grieve just like we do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.