Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have "met" a few of you when I posted a pic of our 2 year old little rescue Chi a few days ago. Here's an update :D
Yesterday was the start to a whole new chapter in all our lives as we finally got the ok from Button's foster-mom to bring Princess Button of Ewetopia (we have a few sheep lol) home.
I am so completely in love with her already, she is amazing! She started off trying desperately to leap out of my arms to get as far from me as she could, to doing a complete "180"....she now wants to be tucked up against me every moment. Her capacity to love and trust me after all she has gone through astounds and humbles me. This tiny (a smidge over 2lb), fragile little girl has a huge heart and I'm loving it LOL :D

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Congrats, so glad Buttons is getting a forever home now, Congrats on your new addition

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi terry you and buttons are both so luckey youve found each other to share a wonderful live together she is so tiny and beautiful

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

Our little Princess Button is making a HUGE impact on our lives...funny how a little 2 pounder can do that LOL. She is settling in well and has firmly claimed my husband and I as "hers", we have to keep reminding her that she needs to share us with the others. She gets on well with them all and is getting to be a little more playful with them, which is so good to see. She has spent so much of her life without a lot of interaction, both with people and other dogs, that her initial reaction was to avoid us all.

She has terrible allergies that we are starting to address. She is allergic to "something"...possibly grass, pollen or dust (I guess the list could be endless!!) She "snores" even when awake, particularly if she is excited. When watching her breathe, it looks like she needs to use all her little tummy muscles in order to suck air into her lungs, probably a little like an asthma sufferer? Does that make sense? :confused:
She also licks her feet almost constantly and they are quite pink.
I am wanting to gradually change her to a more natural/raw diet in the hopes that it will help. Any other suggestions would be very welcome!
Many thanks again for the welcome....prepare yourself for many more photo's and updates on "Princess Button of Ewetopia" :D
Cheers
Terry

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That's so lovely that you rescued her! I have a special spot in my heart for rescues. (Both of mine are rescues too.) I would definitely switch her to a grain free diet, it helped mine loads. Congrats on your new addition, she sounds so sweet. I look forward to seeing pics! :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Congrats! I hope to see pics soon :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again for the wonderful warm welcome ...too many "w's" in there LOL
You asked for pics....so pic's there are....new pics in the photo forum :)
You are all probably going to get sick of pics, I can't stop taking them, when I have a hand free to hold a camera! Wee Princess Button wants to be in my arms 24/7, I need a Kangaroo pouch I think :D
Do others here with small Chi's find that they seem to get colder than bigger Chi's? You will see in the new pics that I have put a jumper (a cut off fluffy sock lol) on Button as she seems to get very cold very quickly. I initially thought the shivers were a sign of being unsettled but I have found that when she is covered with a blanket or tucked up in my shirt, she slowly stops shivering as she warms up...looks like I have the perfect excuse to play dress-up with my new baby :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts