Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to have your opinions over giving my chi cosmo , some calcium....
his one ear that came straight , flopped again....i know this can be caused by the fact that maybe he's going to start losing his teeth...

i wanted to ask if it's beneficial (and no risk for his health) if i gave him a little bit calcium/magnesium dissolved in water

i have tablets for humans, but can i use them and how much?
one tablet contains 300mg calcium and 100mg magnesium.

thanks, kisses nat

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
hey Nat

Im sorry I dont know anything on this I never gave my 2 calcium or magnesium - You might want to try PM Victoria (kemos mamma) as she is pretty hot on things like alternative medcines :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I would reccomend giving a litte bit of plain yogurt everyday. They love it and will ususally lick it right out of the spoon. It is high in calcium, and safe for the dog. I would not feel comfortable giving the pills. My Bruiser's ears were kind of up and down during the puppy stage. Then one day, they stayed up forever> :)

sandra

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd tape the flopping ear for a day or 2 to help support it back up. This is what we did with our little kosmo until he started to grow into his ears and now they are always up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I heard the same from the secretary at my vet's office but they recommened I buy the liquid supplements and then get a syringe and put in .75 mg of calcium, 2 times a day. sorry i saw the post the other day but didnt get a chance to answer....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts