Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
poor baby gets her Rabies tomorrow, and blood drawn for her spay on Monday. and yes, her eyes are greenish hazel. (and yes, they will clean her ears when she is out. She is so sensy about it!) Love her to bits!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Her eyes are the same colour as my Axle's - very pretty.

Good luck at the vet's tomorrow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's just a hair under 4.5 lbs., so not so small. She's never gonna be chunky; she's too much of a 'princess' eater for that to happen. LOL Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
convinced Daddy (who's taking her today) to put off the rabies until she's anthesized for the spay. Since she had such a strong reaction to her 2nd vaccine (demodex) (but not the 3rd, fortunately....it was a reduced dose)...don't want her body stressed twice so close together. :: mommy frets and worries about Monday ::

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Aww, best wishes for the vet trip little one.. All of us worry when these little ones are put under for any procedures.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
My two oldest were spayed at 6 and 7 months. I waited another few months for rabies. I did not want that done near their spay either.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Have the vet check, while she is in, for ear mites. I can't really tell from the pics but it looks like that could be going on. It's nothing very serious, just something that needs to be treated with medicated drops...glad you are putting off the rabies vac, it's too much on their little systems so close to a major op like a spay.

I have a 3.5 lb adult that to this day has sugar crashes after a rabies vac, I have to watch her very closely for up to a week after the vac and ensure she is eating. The vac gives her awful diarrhea and vomiting episodes. She will not be getting any more rabies vaccinations as far as I am concerned, and I will seek an exemption for her.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
good luck at the vets! :) i dont know when im having tillie spayed! as we wait intill after their first season and so far nothing! though she was going to but nope nothing yet! lolb i think she was just having a off day and being a grumpy madam :p x

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone!! Went well at the vet. They'll hold off the rabies for now. We'll get it a month or two after she's recovered from the spay. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts