Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Newbie here :)

Calista is on Galastop to stop a false pregnancy.. she is such a good girl with taking meds, either from a spoon, or the pipette, I am SO lucky!! This pic made me giggle.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Awe what a good baby :] So she's having a false pregnancy, like she isn't pregnant at all?

Gretel used to be perfect at medicine taking - then she just decided she didn't want to anymore, brat.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awe what a good baby :] So she's having a false pregnancy, like she isn't pregnant at all?

Gretel used to be perfect at medicine taking - then she just decided she didn't want to anymore, brat.
LOL! I hope Lissy doesn't get into her head that she has a choice. :)

Yeah, a completely false pregnency after her first season. She went through the whole thing... extended tummy, morning sickness etc. We knew for certain she was not pregnant because we were super careful with her (no way we would breed her, and especially with it being her first season) we were hoping it would pass, but now she thinks she has had the babies. Her milk has come in (she actually looks like she has given birth... very weird) and takes one of her toys and tries to make it nurse by licking and placing it to her tummy... then she cries :(
So, the Galastop should stop the milk... and the hormonal changes... Fingers crossed.
She has been much better today!! In fact, I don't know where the 'baby' is today as she has not been carrying it everywhere.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Oh I remember the first time my Irish Setter had a false pregnancy. She 'adopted' a bristle brush. I removed it from her chair/nest and the reaction was immediate! I had no idea (I was 14-15yrs old) what was happening. My mom recognized it right away. I had never heard of a dog going thru a 'false' pregnancy. Poor Calista. Sue

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i onle have boys so this caught my eye i think that is so sad for her hope the med works good for her she is very pretty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts