Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love when mummy holds my face like this... (you can see her Hairlip in this picture... personally, to me, this just makes her all the more beautiful!)

Snuggles with Mummy

Visiting her Big Brother Mercury! He is a french lop!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Such a sweet, beautiful, angel baby! :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
She is sooo beautiful! I wouldnt have noticed her hairlip unless you'd said! It makes her more unique and special.:) Your rabbit is lovely too, we have guinea pigs! :) xxx

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is sooo beautiful! I wouldnt have noticed her hairlip unless you'd said! It makes her more unique and special.:) Your rabbit is lovely too, we have guinea pigs! :) xxx
Thank you!! :)
Mercury is a lovely bun!! He is nearly 7 years old which for a french lop is a very good age. He weighs 11.2 lbs and Calista seems to love him! I am not convinced he feels the same way about her... especially as the main reason she visits his cage is to eat his food. lol.

Calista's hairlip has caused more of an issue inside her mouth poor baby... she has a cleft pallete which caused an oralnasal fistula. She had a major surgery on that when she was 6 months old, the is still a small hole which needs to be closed in the next few months.
But she has never let it slow her down. :) She is a STAR! (I know.. I am biased. haha)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awwwww. I Love to see chihuahuas and bunnies. I will have my chi in sept. And I have two mini rexes. I keep wondering how are they going to interact... And have no idea.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she is adorable....... such cute pics!!!
Jan, Thank you!! :D

Awwwww. I Love to see chihuahuas and bunnies. I will have my chi in sept. And I have two mini rexes. I keep wondering how are they going to interact... And have no idea.
You just have to be really firm right from the start. The Chi will automatically want to chase the hopping bunnies. As long as you clamp down on this right from day one, they learn their manners. Calista knows... look at the bunny, run 'with the bunny' NO touching the bunny!!
Mercury has grown to accept her and now is not at all bothered by her running all around him, but it has taken a few months.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aw, I love squishy dog faces :) Ein's favorite pillow in the world is my hand. Calista is a beautiful girl.
Thank you so much :) Yeah, i love the way she likes to have her face in my hand. So sweet!

She is beautiful....looks like the rabbit is ok having a visitor ..:)
LOL, surprisingly so! He has grown to grudgingly put up with her. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
We have normal guinea pigs and hairless ones and when they squeal for food Pixies tail starts wagging so I think she likes them! She hasnt met them though as they are upstairs right now! Mercury's name is lovely and what a great age he is too.

Poor Calista :( it sounds like shes been very brave with her mouth, at least she has lots of love from you to make up for it! Sounds like she has a wonderful nature. x

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
She's adorable! I love the pic of her with her brother. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts