Chihuahua People Forum banner

call me thick but ...

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  8batch 
#1 ·
hey i'm new here and this may sound really really stupid but do you get different kind of chihuahua other than longcoated and shortcoated? Just wondered cos i really want one that looks just like the one in mia's signature but it looks totally different to, say, Britney Spears' dog Bit Bit but i guess they're both short? sorry if i'm insulting people with my ignorance! lol. which kind is the most common? thank you!

#8 ·
Thank you for your replies. yes its the one where the dog is being held in two hands and has wings. It's just too beautiful! :wink: Also, are chihuahua's as bad tempered as they are rumoured to be? Obviously each dog has its own personality but in general.... its just that occassionally my grandparents and my young niece come to my house and i wouldn't want to have to worry that the dog will bite them or bark continuously at anyone visiting.

#9 ·
harley said:
Thank you for your replies. yes its the one where the dog is being held in two hands and has wings. It's just too beautiful! :wink: Also, are chihuahua's as bad tempered as they are rumoured to be? Obviously each dog has its own personality but in general.... its just that occassionally my grandparents and my young niece come to my house and i wouldn't want to have to worry that the dog will bite them or bark continuously at anyone visiting.
as long as they are well socialized and the parents have great temperments than it should be fine.

#13 ·
Welcome :wave:

Bit Bit is a smooth (or short) coat chi. She got her when she was just 4 wks (I think) and so she looked hairless. But I just saw some pictures of her the other day and she's actually turning blonde :) She might be Britneys, but she's still adorable lol

As far as their temperment, I have 3 kids (7 yrs, 2 yrs, and 3 yrs) and Lina just adores them all. The 7 yr old doesn't live with use full time (at least he won't until summer) and every time he comes over she runs out the front door to greet him. She does the same thing every morning to my son and daughter. She just loves them. I think it's bull to say that a chi doesn't like kids under a certain age. If the child is supervised and taught not to harm the chi (or any dog) then they'll do just fine with it. My kids play with Lina all the time, she loves them to death (even gives them kisses and shares her toys lol). It depends on how well socialized the dog is with children and how the owners handle the dog around the kids.

Once again, Welcome :)

#14 ·
temperment

All vary, that's my point exactly. I have eight all together. Sybil=4 year old-does not tolerate new people well or children, takes her about 2 hours to warm up to new and she goes everywhere with us and she always has. Bailey = 3 years old - Sweet but shy. Pups are as follows- Albert, very out going meets no stranger, Zoe, very bubbly, high energy but cautious of new, Bandit-reserved stays to himself no new at all. Chi Chi- explorer loves new people inside her domain not outside.
Then theres Sasha and Sebastin, two of a kind, stay together, no new at all and definately not out side of domain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.