Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Meyers parrot has learned how to whistle for my chihuahuas! I opened the door to call them inside and Phoebe whistled--the exact whistle I use for the dogs to come. It surprised me so much that I cracked up laughing.
She has learned how to toss her dried fruit out of her cage so that the dogs can eat it. So she basically is spoiling my chis too.
What joy and laughter our pets bring to our lives.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
your parrot is beautiful! i have an african grey parrot that says all kinds of things to the dogs like " wanna go out " , " she's a doll" ( cause i'm always saying that to minnie), and " dont bark" . lol. its so funny

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
would love a vid of this lol

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to see if the dogs respond to the whistle.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
We had an albino cockateil who used to call the cat - in my voice, because I was always the one to feed everyone early in the morning. Lilly would say "Here kitty, kitty, kitty". It sounded just like me...The poor cat would come waddling into the kitchen looking for me every time! (She also laughed in my daughter's childhood voice - very comforting to hear once she had grown up...That little girl giggle...)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I would also like to see a video! :) I have friends with Grey's and Macaws. They are so intelligent! :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had a little parakeet when I was a kid who would bark like the dogs and meow like the cats and called the dog, "Here Joey, Joey, Joey!" His name was Belzebub and he would say "That's ridiculous, birds don't talk!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts