Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a gift card to Best Buy for $600 and I was tempted to get the new Ipad, but they were out of stock... so as I was sitting on gift card, I thought a better and more practical idea would be a digital SLR camera. There is a canon T2i on sale for 650. I asked some friends and they said they prefer Nikon. The fellow at the store said the same thing, but I was wondering if I could ask your opinions. Which one would be better for taking action shots of the dogs? I believe the comparable Nikon model was the D5100. That one was 750, so I'd have to pay the difference... Would it be worth it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My husband takes photos for the Maserati club UK he uses a Nikon for action car shots think it's a D90 he has.I have the ipad 2 it's sooo good for taking pics they come out so clear,i hear the ipad 3 is even better also the video on it is great .So get both

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
it's not really the camera that makes the shot good, its the lens that you use with it :) stock lens doesnt really do much
nikons are more vivid...
this was taken by the D90

this was the canon rebel xsi. you can see the water captured nicely while flowing :)

i personally liked the canon more than a nikon. right now i use a panasonic gf2 and it's not bad at all for a small cam :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's not really the camera that makes the shot good, its the lens that you use with it :) stock lens doesnt really do much
nikons are more vivid...
this was taken by the D90

this was the canon rebel xsi. you can see the water captured nicely while flowing :)

i personally liked the canon more than a nikon. right now i use a panasonic gf2 and it's not bad at all for a small cam :)
Thank you for the input! When I went to Best Buy again they had a promotion for a free camera bag with the Nikon, so I ended up getting that one, but your Canon pictures are very nice!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband takes photos for the Maserati club UK he uses a Nikon for action car shots think it's a D90 he has.I have the ipad 2 it's sooo good for taking pics they come out so clear,i hear the ipad 3 is even better also the video on it is great .So get both
LOL... I wish I could get both, it was such a hard decision! In a few months, I will be eligible to try to win another iPad, so maybe I will do that... lol. I have an iPhone 4 and I actually have had some photos I took with that chosen for a juried gallery showing, so you are right, they do take very good photos. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Thank you for the input! When I went to Best Buy again they had a promotion for a free camera bag with the Nikon, so I ended up getting that one, but your Canon pictures are very nice!
LMAO! is it because of the free camera bag? hahaha! :lol: thankie! hope the camera treats you well ^_^

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I wouldnt mind both. I have the Cannon SLR with lense for some long distances and the stock lense. I would truly love a micro lense for when I take photos of bug and insects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts