Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a 7mp Pentax Optio M20. It's a great camera if you are close up and dont zoom. It's VERY clear. But, as soon as I zoom in, it's awful. Blurry very bad. Do you have any recommendations on a camera that you can zoom in far and the photo is still very clear? It would be much easier to catch those cute doggy moments if I didn't have to get right up in their face lol. Oh..and what is the difference between digital and optical zoom?!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have a canon powershot too, the a95. It's an awesome camera, but a bit bulky.

Ixus is a great brand of camera. They're light, have big LCD screens on the back, aren't pricey, and have good digital and optical zoom functions.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well, the ixus is around £300, so that's around $600 :) As it's mainly for taking pictures of friends/family (and pups!) I wouldn't suggest you got anything overly camera-person-y. The camera I have I got for that reason, and you just don't need most of the functions. My mom has an Ixus though and it's marvellous!

What you want is a fast shutter speed too - then you can catch focused shots of the dogs running, because the lens only opens up for a split second, and catches the action real quick :)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have a Canon PowerShot S3IS. It has an optical zoom and takes EXCELLENT pictures zoomed in on closeups! (check out some past pics I have posted on here). I love this camera! It costs around $400. I have taken some excellent pictures that look professional (I haven't posted all these!) The zoom on this camera is one of the best; it even has a macro zoom that can take pics of a bug on a flower, for example. That one I haven't done yet, but it has the capacity to do it. I think you would love this camera! I know I do!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! I was messing around with my camera, and you can change it to manual focus, and the micro /super micro zoom. When I changed the settings, everything is much clearer. Even zoomed. So..I think I"ll keep playing around with this one and maybe I'll figure it out lol. I'll have to look at the canon powershot, thats a great price!

·
Registered
262 Posts
me too! i know argos have got a 6mp camera on offer this weekend for £99.99, it was £199.99 so it's pretty good, but i dunno whether to be that extravagent at the moment. i had a rubbish digital camera that came free with my laptop but it decided to switch off one day & never switched back on! so all i have got is my phone to take pics, & if i take a pic outside it doesn't come out :(

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If you're willing to spend up to $800, I would highly suggest a Canon Digital Rebel XT...they run about $600 with the lens. I looooove mine! Very awesome camera! If you buy from amazon.com, they give you a bunch of free prints with shutterfly too! :)

Oh...just noticed you got yours working! Well, just in case you change your mind then! :D

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I got the Canon Power Shot, A530. It's freakin' AWESOME!! lol I had a Kodak Easyshare cx7300 and it's good up close too but if you zoom it gets super blurry. I'm constantly taking pictures so the canon was worth all that I spent on it. Which surprisingly wasn't too much cause I got it from Wal-mart lol.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
rachel said:
If you're willing to spend up to $800, I would highly suggest a Canon Digital Rebel XT...they run about $600 with the lens. I looooove mine! Very awesome camera!
I've heard GREAT things about the Canon Rebels. I want one soooo badly but my husband thinks $600 is a little too much for a camera. :(

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive heard great things about rebels too, but I was talking to a girl I work with who does wedding and such on the side. She said the white balance thingy (dont ya love all my technical lingo?!) is hard to figure out? Since I had no idea what she was talking about.. I got scared lol. Are they user friendly? Cause if so, I'm willing to spend more!

Ohhh...and the lenses, how do you know which ones to buy/use?!?!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
With the Rebels...you can either buy them with a lens or without a lens. They are more complicated than your normal point & shoot camera, but once you learn more about aperatures & shutter speeds and when to use what its not too bad. But...you don't have to use it as an slr either..you can still use it as a point & shoot. And lenses...I'm still learning those too! The more your read about it all, the more sense it makes. If you're interested in learning how to take better pictures and have more control, I would definitely look into it. If you aren't really all that interested in all of that & just want to use it strictly as a point & shoot, I would save the money. Its nice that you can still use the camera while you're learning more about all of the controls! :)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I currently have all Nikon I do have an old D1 that works as my other camera died lol, but hoping to get a Nikon D40x its so tiny for an SLR but takes great photos and it isnt stupidly pricey either at work we have a Nikon D2xs which is a wow camera also stupidly expensive sooo I cant use it for personal but ugh I so want to.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am currently using a Fuji Finepix S6000fd and I am quite enjoying it. It's only like 6.3MP but it has some nice features, and the video quality is pretty good as well. It's also rather inexpensive right now as it's not the newest model, but it's a pretty damn good camera! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts