Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish us luck!! :) Her appt is at 12:30 and the vet is going to take some more xrays and look at her old ones and figure out if surgery on her leg is needed!

I think that she will need it sense I have noticed her only getting worse, yesterday i saw her hobbling through the grass only using 3 legs! :(

I will update as soon as I return.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Will be thinking of you and little Cami.. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'll be thinking of you today. Please update us when you get back. Good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the support!! :)

We just got back from the vet and running some errands.

The vet was very nice and looked at Camis old xrays from about 3 weeks ago and said in those xrays her leg looks very bad and sense its been 3 weeks he said it is prob even worse now sense it is progressive.

he gave a definate diagnosis of Leggs perthes disease, and said it is hereditary so I should contact the breeder.

bad news is she will need surgery to correct this, good news is he said in 4 months I will never even know she had a surgery.

She goes in tuesday the 18th, at 8:30am, and I can pick her up that night :) I thought she would need to stay over night but he said most vets just have them stay over night for the extra money?, so I will bring her in for a check up the next morning.

Hope she will do ok....I am such a worrier.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I am so sorry that you and little Cami have to go thru the surgery.. but we all want her to be healthy.. So, you can count on healing prayers for Cami from my place. I love my vet and I trust her more than I ever have any vet I have dealt with, but I always figure she needs all the help available.. so I pray! Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So sorry she has to have the surgery, but that's wonderful news that she will be all back to normal in 4 months time and she doesn't have to stay overnight either, so yay for those parts! Keep us posted on everything. :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Just saw this now, I hope your little Cami does well and has a quick recovery! AJ Bambi and Pear send quick recovery vibes! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts