Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is prob a stupid question but I just want to make sure, can Spice get pregnant at her age when she's never had a heat before?

I ask as I am going to be minding my nieces new pug puppy for a week while she's away, he's only about 16 weeks at most now, and she said to let him sleep in Spices crate at night as he cries if hes on his own. So just wanna make sure, there's no chance of them having puppies is there??

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I'm no expert but I wouldn't have thought so. I don't think either of them are sexually mature and I would imagine a female would have to be in heat. I'm
Fairly sure it's only from her second week of heat that she will allow a male to mount her.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm no expert but I wouldn't have thought so. I don't think either of them are sexually mature and I would imagine a female would have to be in heat. I'm
Fairly sure it's only from her second week of heat that she will allow a male to mount her.
Ok cool, that's wat I thought, I always thought females had to be in heat and the male wud hav to be older, but I just wanna be certain!

Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
She would have to be in heat to be fertile. If she were in heat, I wouldn't let any intact males near her, even young puppies have been known to catch a bitch. Like Melissa said, they are in season for about a week before they are actually fertile, so you would notice before any harm could be done.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She would have to be in heat to be fertile. If she were in heat, I wouldn't let any intact males near her, even young puppies have been known to catch a bitch. Like Melissa said, they are in season for about a week before they are actually fertile, so you would notice before any harm could be done.
Ok brill, thank u that's put my mind to rest!

I definatly don't want any "chug" puppies, even if she was old enough!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts