Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone here knows much about natural / herbal/ homeopathic remedies?

I woke at 3am DRENCHED in sweat, had three cold showers by 6.30

I ached so much all over it was painfull.

I still have a temperature today, and a slight sore throat. Feeling VERY hot and lethargic and achey.

Taking paracetamol for the fever, but wondered if anybody knows of anything NON drug wise that might help?

I feel I need a general boost to my immune system anyway. TBH I feel (excuse my swearing here) crappy!!!!

Of course if anybody has any spare energy please fax or email it over lol

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Aww..Honey..I wish I could. (((hugs)))

I don't know of anything except good old vitamin C (for boosting immune system).

Do you take vitamins in general? My husband is a big vitamin weight lifting weirdo and he takes vitamins all day long. (He's NEVER sick)

He takes a multivitamin, then seperate vitamins E, C, A & D, Potassium and Super B complex. The B vitamins (Super B complex and Biotin) are the energy vitamins according to their labels.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont take vitamins as a rule no, but when I feel I am coming down with something I take vit c every 4-6 hours.

I guess I could try taking them all the time and see if that helps.

Maybe I should try neat vodka, well alcohol kills germs right? lol:D

I might give vitamins a go! Thanks for the advice!!!:)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I've been using foot reflexology for over 25 years - it has worked and helped me, my family, and friends. The idea is that areas on the foot correspond to areas of the body, and that by manipulating these areas on your feet, you can improve your health. It can help relieve stress and pain in other parts of the body and help your body heal faster. I call it acupuncture without the needles.

Follow the chart below, and message your feet or have a family member or friend message your feet. When you're messaging the reflex zones correctly, you'll feel as if a sharp needle is poking into your foot.

Here is a reflexology chart that shows the "reflex zones" worked on the soles of the feet:
http://www.passthetest.com/images/reflexology.gif

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh thanks for that, i'll try it.
I was told 10 years ago that massaging between my big toe and the next one can help tonisilitis, but I never tried it then. I'll give anything a go now though.
Thanks for that

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
This is going to sound gross (and it is ;)), but Apple Cider Vinegar is great for sore throats. I discovered this the last time I was sick with a sinus/sore throat thing.

I heated up a cup of water, then added a couple Tblsps of ACV, some fresh lemon, and a spoonful of honey. It helped my throat (and congestion) more than anything else I have ever tried.

I know the sore throat is probably the least of your worries right now, but that is the only tip I have.

ETA: One more thing -- although I haven't taken the time to look over it yet, I have this website saved in my favorites...it might be worth a browse :) : http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, I will take a look for sure. I think a brain transplant into a new body would be best lol

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have developed tonsilitis over night, I'd know those white spots anywhere lol

Off to the doctors later for antibiotics.

At least now I have an excuse to eat ben and jerrys phish food lol

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
don't think that is quite right somehow Janie! Ice cream maybe but Ben and Jerry's Phish Food????? Too many chocolate lumps in it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO I can eat choc lumps even when I have septic tonsils lol

I plan to visit Holland and Barret tomorrow. Was planning on a day out getting my hair and nails done and picking new glasses to cheer myself up, but I feel too tired to be bothered really.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I spent £30 today, so hope it works. I got :

multi vitamins gold, glucosamine sulphate 1000mg, selenium, brewers yeast, enchinea, vit c

i brought a tens as well.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry i didnt reply jayne, it seems the new post button has not worked properly for me.

I might try them out, visit to H and B coming up I think!

thanks.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how do you go about finding a herbalist? At the moment I am just taking things I find out about by myself.
I might have to google it..

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll give it a go I think, fed up popping pills from doctors, even taking some pills to stop the side effects of other pills!

Thanks, will take a look about

1 - 20 of 21 Posts