Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :eek: I recently become the owner of my little Dude cash. Hes 9 weeks old. The breeder was feeding him Royal canin...so i went off and got him a big bag well its not big but it will last him a while lol! anyway after reading a thread about high protein foods im feeling a bit confused? :confused:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Hi all :eek: I recently become the owner of my little Dude cash. Hes 9 weeks old. The breeder was feeding him Royal canin...so i went off and got him a big bag well its not big but it will last him a while lol! anyway after reading a thread about high protein foods im feeling a bit confused? :confused:
Good for you wanting to get your boy on a healthy diet. First of all, go to http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com and read up on the food you are currently feeding him (click the "reviews" tab, then type its name into the search box), then compare it to 5 and 6 star foods. I would recommend going with a 5* food but that's just me.

Many people feed raw here, as well as a mixture of raw and kibble, as well as even some home cooked diets. It's all about finding what works for your lil guy and going from there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you wanting to get your boy on a healthy diet. First of all, go to http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com and read up on the food you are currently feeding him (click the "reviews" tab, then type its name into the search box), then compare it to 5 and 6 star foods. I would recommend going with a 5* food but that's just me.

Many people feed raw here, as well as a mixture of raw and kibble, as well as even some home cooked diets. It's all about finding what works for your lil guy and going from there.
Thank you for this i'll go and have a look just now x

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Royal Canine we have here (in canada) has terrible junk in it, I wouldnt put that stuff in my dog. And they are as high priced as acttual REAL good food.

How come so many people on here feed there chi's Royal Canine? Are the ingriedients different from what I have seen? Even the Royal Canine chi food is terrible..... Mabe its different in the US??????

I feed my chi EVO small bites. Its awsome!

But I just went to the Bone & Biscuit today and they told me that Innova & EVO were just bought out by Proctor and Gamble (they make IAMS) :( They are not sure if they are going to change the food formula etc.... but I am pretty upset.... 20years ago IAMs was a great food, now its high priced junk.
I have to find a new food for my chi soon since the Bone & Biscuit said they are not ordering it anymore. They gave me a sample of "NOW!" Looks awsome! Luckly I have enough EVO left to mix it and get her used to it :) I also got a couple more samples of raw food, lets see if C.C will eat it this time, im sure she wont though lol!!!!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I am not a fan of Royal canin.
My 2 were on that when i brought them home, cause the breeder had them on it, but i found it to be greasy and cause big stinky poos.
I dont like the ingredients.
Since i changed their food, they are doing much better, and have small less stinky poos. lol.
I dont pay much more now so am happy.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I used the dog food analysis site to choose a food for my pups. We chose a 5* food as well (Fromm Garin-free).

Mine were on Royal Canin when they were pups. Well, I switched them to that from Pedigree which is what the breeders were feeding. I thought Royal Canin and Science Diet were the top of the line foods until I found the analysis site and found out my one dog has grain allergies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts