Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there are a lot of free online puppy training courses and would love to get started working with my puppy Jax. He hasn't had all his booster shots yet and won't be done for another month so I don't want to take him to a trainer or be outdoors with other dogs. In the mean time, I'd like to work on the basics like sit, down, stay, etc. Does anyone have an online training program that they can recommend?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If Jax has had some of his shots, puppy kindergarten is a good bet. If you wait until he has all of his 'shots' he will be 4 months old. I started mine at 10 weeks. The well run puppy class will have dogs all that have had at least one shot. We were told that if the puppy had ANY signs of illness not to bring it to the class, but we were expected to come! Never heard of any puppy getting ill from a well run class. The socialization is great.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I agree with Susan. However, if you want to get started before you are able to find a class, I would recommend KikoPup on Youtube. She has a number of videos on puppy training. She does clicker training, but you can use a word instead of a clicker. Check it out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts