Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Eating too much of a raw hide can cause them to have loose stool so from my experience rawhides are fine (Bosco *loves* them) but just limit the amount that Stinky chews on them.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Greenies if supervised....chew toys like rope bones, rubber gizmos, kongs filled w/treats....raw hide sticks I use they last a long time. Usually the label will say if not ok for pups!

·
Registered
213 Posts
we like to get the nylabone all natural bones and the mint ones for healthy gums. They love them. They also liked the pigskin sticks i think it is better then rawhide sticks. also pig ears last a long time. :)
they also like the teeny tiny tennis balls. and sqeaky stuffed animals. :) I haven't tried the kong yet, because they don't like the smell of rubber. ???

·
Registered
889 Posts
zoey was so funny when we got her a rawhide-- she circled it staring at it.... hopping around like it was alive or something. after a few days of staring at it, she started chewing it and really likes it.

she also has a rope toy, a greenie, and a puppy kong.. she LOVES the rope toy and the greenie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
rawhide

Rawhide can be very tricky! And only to be given under supervision. It can cause diahhrea if eaten, and can also cause blockage in the intestinal tract and is a choking hazard, especially in chi's! Also, rawhide gets ooey and gooey and can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
I would recommend greenies or compressed rawhide which comes in flakes, so theres no choking hazard and large quantities cannot be bitten off at one time. Cow knuckles and pigs ears are great and dogs love them!
One more thing, you could get your chi a Kong. Fill the inside up with either peanut butter or yogurt and freeze it. Your chi will spend hours chewing at it, adn its a great, healthy treat to boot!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Greenies are a good choice...any Buddah products (like Buddah ropes, Buddah bones etc) are very good for the teeth. Also you might consider a KONG...great toy and you can stuff them with all sorts of treats! All of my dogs love them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts