Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new on the site and in the Chi world too for that matter. I was wondering if Chis can be trained to do their business on kitty litter boxes? If they can is it hard to do? I live in canada and I want my puppy to learn 'cause the winters are really cold...any suggestions? :dontknow:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the sight...in answer to your question...yes, I have trained all 6 of my chis to use the litter box. Or maybe they trained themselves. I have 11 & 17 week old puppies and they are both using a litter box.I started with the Purina doglitter and I now use a cheaper brand of kitty litter, something that is pelleted and is recyclable. I have used clay, but it is messier. Actually if you check out the http://www.doglitter.com/welcome.asp site they have a lot of useful information. Good luck :wave:

·
Registered
213 Posts
i use a combo of puppy pads, the purina litter and litter pan. . .

I would suggest using the cat litter type of purnia's yesterday news, the pecies are smaller, and easier to walk on.

I am going to be training our pups to go fully on the litter with no pads soon.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I am in the process of training mine to go in the litter box. They were paper trained because I live in Michigan and it is too cold some days for them to go out. I am right now putting papers in the litter box to get them in there, then when they start using it more I will check out litter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts