Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may sound a little silly if it aint true but i have been told by a few people that chihuahuas can catch our colds is that true?? the reason why im asking is because im not very well and ive got a cold ect ect and im hoping that she cant catch it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I don't believe dogs share the same colds as humans, but I remember hearing cats do.

Not sure how much of either is true, but what i've been told.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Nah, I don't think our pups can catch our illnesses.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really hope so, i cant remember who told me now, i was only worried as roxi is allways by me and the amout of cuddles i give her i didnt want her to get ill

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
No, our chis don't catch our colds. Go ahead and cuddle with your chis when you're sick. They are so comforting to us when we're sick in bed. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
While they can't catch your cold persay, they can get sore throats & strep throats from us, we see it all the time, especially when people & dogs keep passing it back and forth from each other. I've caught sore throats several times from Zoey.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
While they can't catch your cold persay, they can get sore throats & strep throats from us, we see it all the time, especially when people & dogs keep passing it back and forth from each other. I've caught sore throats several times from Zoey.
That's interesting! I didn't know that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts