Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: the breeder claims he's mixed with a toy manchester terrier (also referred to as rat terriers or black and tans i believe). they kinda look like mini pinschers..

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I know exactly what a Manchester Terrier is. They do look just like Min Pins. :wink: After saying that, I guess he does have their ear shape, high on the head. But he still looks like a chihuahua to me. :lol:

How old is he and how much does he weigh?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I thought he was pure too. If he were pure, he'd look slightly out of the "breed standard" but I think he could pass anyway.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
yes i can see the manchester terrier in him, but i reckon manchester terriers rnt that dissimilar to chihuahuas, if you hadnt have mention it i would have thought he was a pure chi, as they often vary greatly in their looks

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ms_P said:
Why do you want to pass him off as a pure chi if you know he is not?
its just a curious question..im not planning on being a poser if thats what you're thinking =)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
tik0z said:
Ms_P said:
Why do you want to pass him off as a pure chi if you know he is not?
its just a curious question..im not planning on being a poser if thats what you're thinking =)
Hey, you asked the question. I was just wondering why you wanted to pass him off as pure.

You see it doesn't really matter if he is or not, all that matters is you love him :wink:

·
Registered
640 Posts
I do not think he looks like a pure Chi. Now, if you would have told me he was I probably would have just thought that he just didn't meet the breed standard. He is a very cute dog, though.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i didnt say i wanted to pass him off! i just was wondering if he looked it, is all. i think i worded it wrong...anyhow, i know it doesnt matter...if it did, i wouldnt have gotten him. and i do, i<3bobo with all my heart plus all the hearts combined in the universe =) :thumbright: :thumbleft: he could be a rock for all i care.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Something about his face doesn't look very chi to me. That could just be because you told us he is part chi lol. I think his eyes aren't very chi-ish, his ears are high on his head and his nose shape looks different.... but that is just me

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
he looks like a chi to me its just that every chi there is they all have a special cutie face.I was looking at some old photos and for a minute i was think is this Princess but there was a difference which i can't explain all that it was my past away chi Chiquita truelly different but still a chi that i loved just the same.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
tik0z said:
:lol: the breeder claims he's mixed with a toy manchester terrier (also referred to as rat terriers or black and tans i believe). they kinda look like mini pinschers..
rat terriers are different than manchesters (or black and tans as they used to be called)

anyway, here's a pic of the manchester terrier. i see more deer head chi in bobo then manchester....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I thought he was a deerhead, looks like a chi to me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts