Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am a hairdersser, had a salon in San Francisco Bay Area for 16 years , read the thread on coloring hair too dark. For all of you that color your own hair , if your hair is fine , or dry it will absorb more pigment, so always remember to go with one shade lighter, especially if its a color darker than what you currently have. I am a professional and used Matrix level 5 , it was suppose to be light brown , and I know better , 5 is never light , it is a med dark brown, 1 being black and 10 being blond, anyway ...I am in Europe and thought Europeans had a different system ...My hair is very dark , almost black. If its too dark , and it was a temporary color , you can safely lift the color by putting a deep conditioner, with oil , johoba or olive, and putting a plastic cap on to heat up your scalp. The heat will open the cuticle , and the pigment will slowly come out without damaging or drying out your hair. do not use a color remover , it will destroy your hair by stripping it, and then every time you color it after it will become darker and darker , because its damaged , and you have made big holes in the cuticle, it will absorbe more color.feel free to ask.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello, my daughter colored her hair to dark, not sure if it is a permanent or temp color. How can I get that lighter? She straightens her hair everyday so it is dry as well. It is very dark under on the back of her hair and I don't like it. Can I save her hair?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts