Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I own two long haired Chihuahuas, Saidie and Tobby and also am trying to make a Chihuahua mould to cast as a garden ornament. This is the one I have made of a short haired one and thought this would be the best place to ask if it looks like a Chihuahua.

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Wonderful likeness.. I think it will be a lovely garden ornament!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Yes!
It definitely looks like a chi. Excellent job! Your very talented. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok you are going to make enough for us to buy 1 too right? That is really good. How big is it? Chi size? My guys would bark at it all day.LOL

·
Registered
266 Posts
Since you did ask for opinions, I'm going to say brush up on dog anatomy.
Even if you are going for a cartoony look, there's just some features that look better.
For starters, I'd make the limbs thicker near the base. That forelimb is what stands out the most to me.

Good work on the head/face/ears.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That's fantastic, you did an awesome job. :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That is great, you did a wonderful job capturing a chihuahua...are you located in the United States?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a lot for the great response!

To answer a couple of questions.. the size of the model is roughly the size of a small Chihuahua, and I live in the UK.

I did model it on Sadie, one of our chi's, when she sat still anyway.

Although that's an old pic She's now just over two years old and pregnant.

I wasn't 100% sure as I had to make a shot haired one as making and casting a long haired one would be a nightmare.

Thanks for the feedback and I will be sure to post a picture up once I have finished the mold and casted it in concrete.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts