Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been playing round with Pixels diet since we got her as she's a sensitive soul with a sensitive tum.

It's good at the mo but I want to add in things to it and was wondering if I could give her the odd raw chicken wing even though she's not on a raw diet?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Have you given her chicken before and been successful? I mean did it upset her tummy?
Chicken wings are great to help clan teeth, and will also give your chi a great workout!

Your chi does not have to be on a raw diet to enjoy a wing :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Im no expert but Im pretty sure that kibble and Raw are processed differently in the digestive system. When I made the switch to Raw I did it cold turkey as that is the advise I was given. You can probably expect some very bad poos.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
If you give a wing, give it separate from kibble. Like at least 8 hours. Use it as a meal replacement. I'd try and cut off most of the fatty parts of the skin also. But yes, she can have a wing, by all means. I cut them into 3 sections and feed one section at a time, the whole wing would be a huge gorge of a meal.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I would fed raw and kibble separately. Like Tracy said, 8 hours apart would be best because of the foods digestive rate.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of wings. To boney/fatty, but good as a recreational chew. The only time mine get a wing is if it's a full size wing, and I take it away when I think they've had enough. Lola is a gulper, so bigger is always better!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a ? was hopeing u had an idea, i started feeding the raw diet about 3 wks ago and they love it. i have 3 chi's it has helped my 11 yr old mamma dog allot she had a bad honking cough and wet eyes but now its all gone and i have 2 two yr olds one is just right and then theres George and he is so skinny i got him two months ago from a home that wasnt so good to him but now hes with me so lots and lots of love but still cant get wieght on him he does really good on th raw diet but is there something else i should give him or will he adveturally gain wieght on the raw diet. thank u sighned RUTHIE

·
Registered
96 Posts
If George is not gaining weight, I would suggest getting him checked by a vet to be sure he has nothing going on that would cause this.

If he checks out, I would up the amount of food he is eating. How much does he weigh?

Spacely is just under 7 lbs and I started him at 4 oz a day. He now eats almost 7 oz a day in order to maintain his weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts