Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy,s, i,ve alway,s had a passion for pink collars on chis, only problem is my baby,s a male, i love some of the pink colour collars. So my question is , would you buy a collar no matter what the colour for your baby if it was a male? and also has anybody bought whats considerd to be a female colour collar for their male chi? i really think it,s silly to have this thing, that boys are blue and girls are pink dont you?Ireally want to buy him a pink collar but i dont know, i know i,m just being silly. Please let me know what you really think guys,? apart from telling me i,m silly i mean.- janet

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Of course you can. Many people will probably just confuse him for a little lady until they see his underside if he's wearing a pink collar. ;) I'll be honest, I am one of those people who automatically assumes pink means girl and blue means boy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think it is okay. Chili has a pink shirt that he wear sometime. Strait Human men are wearing pink now-a-days aswell.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hi guy,s, i,ve alway,s had a passion for pink collars on chis, only problem is my baby,s a male, i love some of the pink colour collars. janet
Those are the words that will help you decide. You like it so I dont think it should matter really what others think. I personally dont like pink on men, human or animal but I dont mind lilac or other pastel colors. Its a matter of taste and if you like it and dont mind people assuming its a girl its all that matters. :)

·
Banned
248 Posts
Of course you can! Though Lacey can with a blue harness (she is female) and people were constantly mistaking her for a boy. So today I ran out and bought her a hot pink harness lol I prefer pink anyways.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I'd do it if I was willing to deal with all the "Oh, what a pretty girl you have" moments. I don't have the patience to deal with it, though. With our little Chis, people are already predisposed to calling them girls because they seem small and fragile. I mean, is it really that hard to check and see... it's not like he is a long coat or anything!! Nothing covering it up!

Anyhow, if you want pink, get pink. In the end, it's only your opinion that matters.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I dont think he cares what color hes wearing! Go for it! But like the others have said be prepared for others thinking hes a girl!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I say go for it!! We all know that real men wear pink. ;)

Stella wears a pink/brown leash and collar, and yet people still call her a boy. So honestly, people will mix 'em up no matter what you have on him.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I like my pack in camouflage the best, so it makes the boy/girl thing not as much of an issue. I do have pink accessories for the girls, but for the most part we like camo.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
You can put any color you want on them. Not doggie related but my husband co-worker's wife was having baby, so we went shopping for a gift for baby shower at work. The Daddy of baby is really into Detroit Tigers and the problem is it's a girl. My husband insisted on getting her the outfit. I didn't like idea but her knew them better than I they both loved it and she wears it all the time. what do you think of the name Hattie? That's what they name her. It different for sure I never heard that name before have you. .

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
It doesn't really matter. It's not like he'll know what color he's wearing. I put Chloe is hot pink and bows and people still ask if she's a boy or girl. Personally, I wouldn't dress a boy up in pink. That's one of the reasons I got a girl over a boy. But really it's just your preference.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
what do you think of the name Hattie? That's what they name her. It different for sure I never heard that name before have you. .
I had a teacher in the fourth grade named Mrs. Hattie Mays. Its a more old fashioned name I think. I think it is short for Harriet too?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, i look at the pink and do the, yes, no, yes, no ,thing. So ended up buying red instead, red does suit him, i always get people calling him a girl to,funny when i think of him in pink , i think no, better not it would embarrass him lol.Now i,m being really fruity yes?thanks for your input but i think i,ll leave him in red, there are some nice collars the rescue places sell , lots of colours and patterns i think he,ll end up with a few collars lol. Thanks everyone-janet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts