Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone :) I'm still going to try my hand at making some homemade treats for Lina, but I did find someone to make her a little cake :)

Actually, for anyone that lives in the Peoria Illinois area (I think there are only a couple of us lol) the "barkery" boogaloo told me about is great! They gave Lina a free treat for her birthday (it's on 17th of June) and I ordered a cake from them too. I think it's going to be cute. It'll be in the shape of a bone and everything lol. My grandparents dog will have to help her eat it though lol.

Also, I gave her the cookie they gave her for her bday and she gobbled up the "frosting" that was on it lol. They have other stuff there too. It's just groovy!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i found my list of dog treats that you can make yourself ( tested and doggy approved as well as veterinarian approved. i was going to go into doggy treat business so i covered my bases lol) i'll ahve them up tomorrow when i have more time. promise!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
here is a recipe I use that the vet I worked for gave me:D

Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Birthday Cake for Pups
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup corn oil
1 jar baby food, meat, beef, strained
4 eggs
2 strips beef jerky -- (2 to 3)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour an 8x5x3 inch loaf pan. Cream butter until smooth. Add corn oil, baby food, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
Mix dry ingredients into beef mixture until batter is smooth. Crumble beef jerky and fold into batter. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Ice with plain yogurt or cottage cheese.
Store uneaten cake in refrigerator

·
Registered
321 Posts
:oops: WOW this may sound stupid but my aunt gives her dog cake and ice cream, peanut butter ,Resees and Dr. Pepper, my dad gives his poodle ice cream and sweet tea, my mother in law gives her dachshund anything (literally) my sis gives her chi's any thing she can . i have often heard that you cant give dogs chocolate cause it will kill them yet when i was a teen i had a cocker and i got about 5 pounds of fudge for Christmas and i didn't put it up and he ate it all and didnt get sick :? I don't know anyone with dogs that doesn't give there dogs sweets every now and then but there dogs never get sick :?: is it just taboo or is there a real seriousness about it? I really think folks would be quite surprised if everyone told the truth about what they feed there dogs :shock: even i am guilty I'm on doctor appt'd diet so i don't eat any thing with sugar or made with flour but porsh like orange's and carrots and peanut butter :oops:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
PinkPrincess, have you been to My Dog's Bakery at the Metro Center in Peoria? They have all kinds of home-made treats. You could try that if you are leery about buying some online.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks girls :D I'm gonna see if I can't make my own and if that doesn't work (I'm not that wonderful at baking anymore lol) I'll try to buy.

Boogaloo- I didn't even know there was such a thing in the metro center. But I have to go to Peoria later today so I'll check it out :) Thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts