Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if symbols (primarily the & symbol lol) can be used again in usernames?? I believe I've seen a few users on here with it lately. (Just randomly looking through the Last Visit on The Member List I see a recent user Niik&Boston.)

If that is true, I would like my user name to be changed back to what it was before... Kitty&Kahlua. Apparently there was a point where the & character could no longer be used and I had to change my name.

I know it's petty but I really liked the old name better LOL.... so if there's any way I can go back to it that'd be great! =D Password same obviously.

Thank you!!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hi Kat, I have noticed a couple of symbols on some new user names. I will ask Yung and let know if so, I will change it back for you

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the hearts are adorable!! But have no clue why they system allows ♥'s and not &'s!!

In fact I'd even rather my name change to Kitty♥Kahlua if it can't go back to the original.... I only use this computer and it's all saved so I wouldn't need to type it in each time lol

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Waiting on a reply from Yung, but I think that most of the member's with characters in their names are having problems but do not realize the cause, or are new and havent really tried to do many things if any on the board. We originally realized it was a problem when we tried to contact a member several months ago and we could not pm them. Not sure why some may work and other's not but hopefully Yung can look into it and find out what changed to cause this.

·
Administrator
729 Posts
I suspect it has to do with the time period in which we changed the script to correct the original problem. Look at profiles of users who have created accounts in the past year with non-alphanumeric characters in their username and compare that to users who created their account over a year ago. I can do some more digging into this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts