Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first joined this site I saw a knitting pattern for a small Chihuahua sweater. I wrote it down but Chiquita ( Bless her ) decided to chew it. If someone could please post the pattern again would be eternally thankful it is cold here in New Zealand right now we are into our Winter.
I am sure Chiquita would be thankful to.

Thanks for helping.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
i have used this one for Dottie as i couldn't find one small enough,so easy and you can adjust it yourself for size

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
To fit 11" chest, (28cm) 8 " from neck to tail. (20cm)
Jumper Back-
Beginning at tail end and 4mm (old size needles cast on 29 stitches.
First row: Inc in first stitch, knit to last 2 stitches inc in next stitch, k1.
Next row knit Repeat last 2 rows twice (35 stitches) 1) next row k4 make 1, k to last 4 stitches make 1 knit 4 2) next row k4 p to last 4 sts k4 3) next row knit 4) next row as row 2 Repeat rows 1 to 4 three times (43 stitches) Work in whatever colour/design you like ie: stripes until work measures 28cm from beginning ending with a purl row. Leave stitches on holder for now.
Underside-
Cast in 15 stitches and k 2 rows. Next row inc by 6 stitches evenly across work (21 stitches) Next row buttonhole row: k1 k2 tog yarn round needle knit to last 3 stitches yarn around needle k2 tog k1 Next row knit Work as before with 4 stitch border edge making 2 more sets of button holes on each following 10th row. Finishing with wrong side facing. To shape under front legs Next row knit 8 purl to last 8 knit 8 Next row knit Repeat these rows twice more Cast off 4 at beginning if next 2 rows Continue straight keeping the first and last 4 sts knit until work measures 12cm from the beginning finishing on a wrong side row. To join underside and back at neck: Next row *k5 knit 2tog, repeat from * to last 4 sts, knit to end then with right side facing and in the same row knit across sts from back: *k1, k2tog repeat from * to last 3 sts k to end. Work in single rib for 4cm
Cast off loosely, sew on buttons, sew up side of neck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts