Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if Chihuahua can sense asthma attacks. Usually Daisy will rest on my chest but today when I was having problems breathing she wouldn't even rest on my chest she either sat beside me or on my shoulder. She didn't even want to be moved from my side when my son wanted to put her in his lap. Which she usually doesn't have a problem expect for today.

So I'm just wondering if they can sense when an asthma attack is coming on. I did end up going to Urgent care and getting an treatment and some meds.

And of course once I got home and was breathing easily shes now sitting on my chest and giving kisses.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yes! Toby always knows when I am sick. I broke my hand, he slept next to it for a week. When I have an asthma attack, he stares at me until he can sense that I'm feeling better. He won't leave my side until I feel better. It's so adorably sweet.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I definitely think it's possible. When dogs have a close bond with their owner
they are very in-tune with our behavior, and can absolutely sense changes.
There are so many stories about dogs warning diabetic folks of low blood
sugar levels, or epileptic people of an oncoming episode, etc. My own three
act very different when I'm not well also. You have a clever little girl there! :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I thought I was seeing something and wasn't sure if it was all in my mind. My cat stormy can usually tell when I'm upset and will stay with me when I'm in the bedroom (she rarely comes out because shes very shy and skidish and old.)

She even growled at my son when he tried to move her. (which I told her no and didnt pick her up or touch her.) I did tell my son theirs a reason why she didn't want to be moved. So he sat down close to me so she could close to me.

Shes all tuckered out now, of course once I got home she literally jumped into my arms and hasn't seperated from me.

Thankfully I only have these attacks once in a blue moon. This was brought on my a sinus infection.

Yes LS shes my special baby girl (if I could turn her into a human I so would.) But I love her with all my heart. She has helped to bring me out of a funk I've had for a while, I still get in it once in a while when I see a new baby. But once I get home and shes in my arms all I can think about is I have a permant baby in my arms for life. She'll never leave home. Dont get me wrong I love my son with all my heart, but I wanted more. But she is my compairise with my hubby.

Sorry didn't mean to rabble.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh I understand better than you know. They are definitely not a replacement for
children, but they sure do help fill our hearts. I personally can not have children
and I don't know what I would do without dogs in my life. I'm glad Daisy has
helped bring you out the funk, I'm glad you joined the forum too, it's nice to
have you around. :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I understand better than you know. They are definitely not a replacement for
children, but they sure do help fill our hearts. I personally can not have children
and I don't know what I would do without dogs in my life. I'm glad Daisy has
helped bring you out the funk, I'm glad you joined the forum too, it's nice to
have you around. :)
Thanks for understanding where I am coming from.

And thank you for letting me be around, its been a warm welcome from everyone.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Absolutely! The people here are so passionate about dogs, they only want the
best. And everyone is very supportive of each other. It's very rare that there
are problems, it's a pretty relaxed environment, I like it. It's nice at the end of
a tough day to have a few laughs, learn something new and look at cute Chi
pictures, it's like therapy, haha. :)

By the way, I also have a Rocky, he's the red and white Basenji in my siggy.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it helps looking at all the cute chihuahua pictures. It is like therapy for me too. Especially those days when my son is driving me nuts which usually causes Rocki to get hyper too. Those two feed off each others energy I swear.

I love your Rockys coloring. I'm amazed how well they all get along. Right now Daisy and Rocki just play with each other like play nipping (I've put my hands between Rockis mouth to make sure shes not being hard and its like shes just gumming Daisy.) But I have to seperate them when they get too hyper together.

Rocki was suppose to my dog but shes more my sons dog now. She'll follow him and play hide and seek with him. And when she hears grandmas car droping CJ off shes right at the window looking for him. Thankfully I'm her relaxing buddy who she'll curl up to for a good rubbing and of course tons of kisses. Which usally means I'm soaked but I wouldnt trade those moments for anything.

Thanksfully Daisy is my dog but she loves all the humans in the house. But its Mommy she cries for and pratically leaps in my arms. Shes my little shadow along with my son and cats.

As I'm sitting here my husband is spoiling Daisy and Rocki. The rule in the house is one dog gets a new toy or treat the other has to get something too. Or the other will pout. LOL even the cats get into it.

Its amazing the personalities these little guys have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts