Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was absolutely appalled at this story. How can this hideous woman be so nonchalant when her son has just suffered a violent, bloody, horrific death in her own home, due to HER own negligence and irresponsibility??? I hope they throw the book at her. :angry5:

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.
Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs.
She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat.
"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: 'Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."
Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.
Despite her concerns about Rex that day, Faibish told the newspaper: "My kids got along great with (the dogs). We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."
Faibish found her son's body in a bedroom. He was covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury.
No charges have been filed.
"It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."
Ella was shot to death by a police officer the day of the attack.
Rex was taken to a shelter, but Faibish said she wanted him put down.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
OMG! What a dumbie. Why would she lock her son in the basement? If she was so concerned she should have took her son with her or had something done about the dog like bring it to a vet to see what she could do about his aggression. "It's Nicky's time to go." <----What the heck is that supposed to mean? It wasn't his time to go! I think thats the mother trying to put the blame on something else because she know's it's her fault her son is dead.

I'm not surprised that no charges are being filed against the mother...seeing as Michael Jackson was just aquitted I now believe it's possible to get away with ANYTHING, especially in California. (no offense to people who live in Cali, I love it there...just had to put my point into perspective.) The mother should be arrested for child abuse, child neglect, endangering the welfare of a child, and most importantly...THIRD DEGREE MURDER!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i'm mad. stay in the basement? why not put the dog there??? my friends brother who breeds pits has the basement set up for when one of the females goes into heat and he don't want her to ahve puppies yet :roll: god! his time to go...... it's her time to come to my house for a nice long talk.. yeah a talk...

and yet again bad publicity on the breed.....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
I'm not surprised that no charges are being filed against the mother...seeing as Michael Jackson was just aquitted I now believe it's possible to get away with ANYTHING, especially in California. (no offense to people who live in Cali, I love it there...just had to put my point into perspective.)
:shock: :? :shock: :? I'm not a Michael Jackson fan but were you a part of the jury?? I believe everybody has a chance to prove innocense..what would you do if you were injustly accused of something? It was the prosecutors job to prove guilt...they didn't. Bad example.

Chico's Mama said:
The mother should be arrested for child abuse, child neglect, endangering the welfare of a child, and most importantly...THIRD DEGREE MURDER!
:roll: At least I agree with that.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Vala said:
Chico's Mama said:
I'm not surprised that no charges are being filed against the mother...seeing as Michael Jackson was just aquitted I now believe it's possible to get away with ANYTHING, especially in California. (no offense to people who live in Cali, I love it there...just had to put my point into perspective.)
:shock: :? :shock: :? I'm not a Michael Jackson fan but were you a part of the jury?? I believe everybody has a chance to prove innocense..what would you do if you were injustly accused of something? It was the prosecutors job to prove guilt...they didn't. Bad example.

Chico's Mama said:
The mother should be arrested for child abuse, child neglect, endangering the welfare of a child, and most importantly...THIRD DEGREE MURDER!
:roll: At least I agree with that.
Sorry Vala :oops: ...I typed that little jackson thing with sarcasm in mind. I personally don't have anything against the guy...he was found innocent...great, he can go on with his life, but when a grown man admits to sleeping in the same bed with a boy and then the boy says he was molested, what would you think? i personally don't think jackson did anything to THAT particular boy, but i do believe he's not as innocent as he claims...then again, he was on trial for that particular accuser, not others who have accused in the past. that being said, i'm sorry if you maybe took offense to what i said, because like i said, it was meant to have a little sarcasm with it. (probly shoulda typed that little bit of info in my post :oops:) i'm just a smart a** sometimes and how it sounded in my head when i typed it was probably not how it was interpreted. no hard feelings? :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: No worries, I personally think he's weird, and freaky looking don't really believe he has molested to tell you the truth tho I wouldn't know...he probably has some MAJOR mental issues...why I don't think is agreat example is because also in this case the mother(accuser's mom) knew he was sleeping with the guy...and she just let it go so the fault falls on the mother. Nowadays everybody can sue a celebrity and make sure they at least get a million or two out of it. :wink:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Vala said:
:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: No worries, I personally think he's weird, and freaky looking don't really believe he has molested to tell you the truth tho I wouldn't know...he probably has some MAJOR mental issues...why I don't think is agreat example is because also in this case the mother(accuser's mom) knew he was sleeping with the guy...and she just let it go so the fault falls on the mother. Nowadays everybody can sue a celebrity and make sure they at least get a million or two out of it. :wink:
ITA!!! Why on earth would a mother allow her son to sleep in the same bed with a grown man? i think it's fine if its a trusted family member, but he's been accused before. i personally think the mother set it up so she could "cry wolf" on jackson. but the fact that a mother would subject her son to something like that is disgusting.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
usmcjess said:
I guess my shockness came from her answer of " It was his time to go" :shock: :shock:
:shock: That's soooo true...tho I wonder if she was in shock...but I'm thinking she's just a horrible mother and a horrible pet owner! :evil:

Chico's mom: :wink: Totally agree with you..but we are getting out of topic! :D

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Ya know, I had read that article on the internet yesterday, and thought about posting it on here, but truthfully, I was just so disgusted and angry after reading it, I decided to just "sleep on it", to see if maybe I was over-reacting a little bit. But you know what, it still makes me just as angry and disgusted today as it did yesterday. :evil:

As a mother, I can not begin to comprehend how this woman's mind is working - she completely controdicts herself a couple of times. At one point she states that she "never saw any evidence of agressive behaviour" towards the children, and then she states that she was so "worried about this agressive behaviour" that she locked her son in the basement for protection? So, which statement are you to believe?

"it was his time to go" - :twisted: This is her 12 year old son she is talking about - where is her grief at losing her child?

Sorry, folks - didn't mean to get on my soapbox. But this one just really pushed my buttons.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Vala: Yes I agree, way off topic...lol.

Back to the article though, it's these kind of people who just make me so sick! As someone posted in another thread about owning pets...this woman should have been required to take an IQ test in order to own pets. maybe she is greiving in her own way? who knows. i feel she should have been required to take an IQ test before having a child too! what kind of a mother locks her 12 yr old son in a basement because the dog is being agressive? does the dog serve of more importance than the child? the article said "no charges have been filed yet" so maybe the police are looking deeper into the situation to get enough evidence to charge her.

·
Registered
273 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
i'm mad. stay in the basement? why not put the dog there??? my friends brother who breeds pits has the basement set up for when one of the females goes into heat and he don't want her to ahve puppies yet :roll: god! his time to go...... it's her time to come to my house for a nice long talk.. yeah a talk...

and yet again bad publicity on the breed.....
My thoughts exactly... That's how it is in Frisco though.. A lot of people have pits there. Especially in Oakland. Some are pet pits, some breed, and unfortunately, some do fight. There's a bunch coming into the SF ASPCA all the time.

Anyway, how can she say that about her son? The life of a child should never end because of the carelessness of a parent. What an idiot she is... Shouldn't minors be with a guardian anyway and not alone at home?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
vala ...you are a tiger ..woman :D :D

the story is disgusting ......did this really happen?? djeezes sometimes it's just too hard to believe . i agree that woman is sick in the head and has to be locked away !!

kisses nat

·
Registered
273 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
vala ...you are a tiger ..woman :D :D

the story is disgusting ......did this really happen?? djeezes sometimes it's just too hard to believe . i agree that woman is sick in the head and has to be locked away !!

kisses nat
Yes it really did happen. I'm from the bay, so I know it's true

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Tragic situation.....hopefully the DA's office will rethink the case and charge the mom with something such as ..child endangerment....or worse. If she was so cold about her child and his death, just think about how inhumanely she must have treated her dogs !

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
nabi said:
Tragic situation.....hopefully the DA's office will rethink the case and charge the mom with something such as ..child endangerment....or worse. If she was so cold about her child and his death, just think about how inhumanely she must have treated her dogs !
yeah i think there should be some kind of abuse/neglect/endangerment charges put against her.... isn't it considered that when you lock someone in a basement??? something isn't sitting right with me on this....

edited to say:

i'm not sure about other places BUT i know about my area and at age 12 they may be amture enough to stay home alone it is still against the law to leave them home alone. my cousin had child welfare come to the house because a neighbor complained that her 2 kids were home alone from the time they got out of school til my cousin came home from work (about 4 hours by themselves) and these 2 kids were 12 and 14. and they told my cousin that it was against the law....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts