Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
LOVE your leash! Im ordering my girls pink zebra and pink cheetah matching collar/harness/leash sets once out tax return gets here! The natural cheetah print is super pretty!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
^^ agreed, i started car training Honey as soon as i got her, as my last Chi was awfully scared of cars, made every journey a nightmare. Im proud to say thats the one thing Honey isnt scared of! We can drive for hours and hours and she loves her travel crate! x

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what type of car seat would be best? I was looking at one that is like a harness with a loop/slot for the seat belt to go through but she is too small for it right now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would she be just as safe with just a harness clipped to the seatbelt? It seems that is the only way he is secured anyway- the rest of it is just like a dog bed buckled in to the car, right? I am just trying to find the least expensive way to keep her safe. I love her but I don't have tons of money to spend on her unless it is necessary for health and safety.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Would she be just as safe with just a harness clipped to the seatbelt? It seems that is the only way he is secured anyway- the rest of it is just like a dog bed buckled in to the car, right? I am just trying to find the least expensive way to keep her safe. I love her but I don't have tons of money to spend on her unless it is necessary for health and safety.
I think that as long as she is secured, she's fine. So a harness clipped to a seatbelt should do. Or you could buy a travel carrier ($30 at petsmart)- usually they seatbelt in too.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
What about a travel crate? Honey never got on with a dog car seat like Ashley has above. So we use this;

View attachment 11602

It's actually a cat one, which was only £15. It secures by hooking in the seatbelt at a couple of points. She settles right down in it and if we travel to somewhere, I don't have to take her proper crate that she sleeps in as she will sleep in this one.

I wouldn't just have her loose on the seat, even harnessed to the seatbelt, something to sit in/on would be beneficial IMO, makes them feel safer too xx

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts