Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL! Well I went and got Pepper some of the pre-made raw, it is primal to be exact. I got the nuggets because the ones in the loaf were made with chicken backs and necks and just didn't seem like enough meat and too much bone. I would have preferred another brand but theres just no place around here to get any of this stuff :(.

Anyway she really loves it. I have kibble in her crate too but she doesn't eat it at all just the raw. She does chew on the chicken breast I gave her too.

I just feel so much better since I got the pre-made stuff. I know it is expensive but it does my heart good to know she is actually getting food in her belly.

UMMM can I just say this stuff stinks!!!!! I don't really have a weak stomach and it makes me gag.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yayyyyyyyy Pepper!!! I'm so glad you got some pre-made. I know some die hard raw enthusiasts will disagree and say that it is a waste of money and dogs don't need their food 'pre-chewed' but I think it's important to get calories and protein into such a tiny dog. I totally agree with your starting on a pre-made at this stage. You have her whole life to transition her over to a prey-model. Some people do pre-mades only and their dogs thrive. You have some flexibility, which I really like.

I totally agree with giving her the Primal nuggets and supplementing with the bone-in chicken breasts. PERFECT. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts