Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, could you please tell me what sort of chi i have please ? i have always thought him a deer type, but he has changed a little of late, and was just wondering as this is my first chi. Thanks guys.-janet.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
From your siggy picture he looks like the Deer head type but would be easier to tell with a profile shot. Keep in mind though that the term deer type/head is just a term to describe the look of a chihuahua that is not standard and standard. :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
As I stated on another thread, and as Michelle mentioned, there is no distinction between the "deer head" and standard Chihuahuas. The only difference is that "deer heads" are usually not shaped as the standard says they should be- they have longer legs and noses and tend to be bigger, in general. There are only two recognized variations of Chis: long coats and short coats. All other variations are simply ways to categorize the way the Chi looks.

A standard Chihuahua will have an apple head with a short nose and a steep stop between their forehead and nose. Your Chi doesn't seem to have that from the picture. Therefore, if you wanted to categorize him, I would say he is "deer head."

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes their very much alike, i love him no matter what he is, and thankyou for your post-janet

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Hi Janet,

Charchi is a deer head cutie pie!

These pics of Winston and Chloe are a good example of the difference between an apple head and a deer head. See how Winston's forehead and muzzle are almost at a 90 degree angle - that makes him an apple head. He also has a shortish muzzle (not sure how short its going to end up. His sister's is super short but his dad is what I would call standard for an applehead).

Now see how Chloe's forehead and muzzle meet at a much gentler slope? That makes her a deer head. She also has a much longer muzzle.

I think they're both gorgeous and I find a lot of 'non Chi people' find the applehead look a bit of an aquired taste and prefer Chloe's face.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, ozchi, your,s are all cuties, and i can see the differance,in the nose area, i thought he was a deer type thankyou everyone, and Ashley , your toby is lovely i he,s a real little boy. thanks everyone -janet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts